× Dr. Mike Brooks can help you improve your marriage and personal or work relationships using his over 30 years experience. | Website | 303-456-0555 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Beware of The Rattlesnakes in Your Life (2) By Dr. Mike

18 May 2021 11:34 #1 by DrMike
Beware of the Rattlesnakes in your life! (2)by Dr. Michael Brooks

This week, you'll learn about different kinds of human venom people use against you and others, some of its subtle, and others right in your face. Learn to know the difference and how to deal with it. The human rattlesnakes we encounter have different venoms. Their venoms can be bitterness, anger, gossip, slander, hate speech, rage, greed, lust, ungratefulness, lies, vengefulness; indeed, this is a long list, and I'm sure you could add several of your own if you wanted.

Rattlesnakes can have bad attitudes, lack self-discipline, be lazy, unmotivated, and uncaring. It's easy to spot the rattlesnakes in your life; they are the ones who sow the seed of discourse. They like causing fights, arguments and seem to enjoy watching people struggle with the poison they spread. I have shared about one of the rattlesnakes that I personally dealt with, the town gossip!

To continue reading this article go to the following link below:

applicablecoaching.com/beware-of-the-rat...y-dr-michael-brooks/
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 May 2021 11:46 #2 by ScienceChic
Good advice, thank you Dr. Mike. It reminds me of this quote by Meryl Streep that I love:

“I no longer have patience for certain things, not because I’ve become arrogant, but simply because I reached a point in my life where I do not want to waste more time with what displeases me or hurts me. I have no patience for cynicism, excessive criticism and demands of any nature. I lost the will to please those who do not like me, to love those who do not love me and to smile at those who do not want to smile at me. I no longer spend a single minute on those who lie or want to manipulate. I decided not to coexist anymore with pretense, hypocrisy, dishonesty and cheap praise. I do not tolerate selective erudition nor academic arrogance. I do not adjust either to popular gossiping. I hate conflict and comparisons. I believe in a world of opposites and that’s why I avoid people with rigid and inflexible personalities. In friendship I dislike the lack of loyalty and betrayal. I do not get along with those who do not know how to give a compliment or a word of encouragement. Exaggerations bore me and I have difficulty accepting those who do not like animals. And on top of everything I have no patience for anyone who does not deserve my patience.”
― Meryl Streep

Life does not require that we must continue to interact with those who cause us hardship, drama, and pain. Stand up for yourself if you must, but let them go, wish them well, and move on without a second thought.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds