× Dr. Mike Brooks can help you improve your marriage and personal or work relationships using his over 30 years experience. | Website | 303-456-0555 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Learn about Dr. Mike

18 Sep 2010 18:36 - 16 Jul 2020 07:23 #1 by DrMike
Learn about Dr. Mike was created by DrMike
Need Somone to Talk to about relationship issues, family struggles?

Applicable Solutions Life Coaching Services is led by founder Michael Brooks PhD., Board Certified BCBC Counselor, LCI Certified, and AACC Master Life Coach Certification BCMLC. Mike utilizes his coaching skills of over 30 years in the areas of Personal and Marriage Relationships.

Mike's background is steeped in all kinds of endeavors: living in Europe as a child, raised in an alcoholic home, being an army brat. He was a college athlete, a college football coach, a corporate business owner, a health practitioner, a marriage and relationship counselor, a guest on radio and television shows, a writer, author, and nationally requested seminar speaker. Mike has been instrumental in helping many of his clients, from coast to coast regain control of their lives. Mike is an easy listener, very compassionate, and will help you set goals that will get lasting results.

Mike has used his coaching skills with Professional Athletes, Doctors, Lawyers, Health Care Professionals, and men and women of all ages and professions.

One of the many services that I offer are:
Divorcecare, helping men and women cope with divorce.

Divorcecare features nationally recognized experts on divorce and recovery topics. Seminar sessions include "facing anger," "Facing my loneliness," "Depression," "New Relationships," "KidCare," and "Forgiveness." This is an open group, you can attend any of the classes at any time. List of 13-week sessions:
1. What's happening to me? Why divorce hurts so much & How to stabilize my life
2. The road to Healing & finding help! Emotional damages caused by divorce, understanding and grieving my losses
3. Facing my anger. Identifying the sources of my anger & healthy and unhealthy ways of dealing with anger
4. Facing my depression. How to recognize symptoms of depression & how to pull out of it
5. Facing my loneliness. Causes and consequences of loneliness & how to deal with my loneliness
6. What does the owner's manual say? Why the bible is important & finding God's help and guidance
7. New relationships. How to know if I am ready for a new relationship & keys to successful relationships
8. Financial survival. Strategies to minimize the financial strains of divorce & how to stabilize my budget
9. Kidcare. Understanding the effects of divorce on children & mistakes parents make and how to avoid them
10. Single sexuality. Facing the loss of sexual intimacy and expression & how to deal with my sexual urges and desires
11. Forgiveness. The danger of not forgiving & How to know if I have forgiven
12. Reconciliation. How marriages come back together & How to reconcile without remarrying
13. Moving on, growing closer to God. Understanding the good that can come from my divorce & Defining what is at the center of my life

Trained as a facilitator for the Five Love Languages (improving your marriage).

I enjoy Coaching Couples who want to improve their marriages, over the years couples need to connect in different ways to show their love for each other. I have taught "The Five Love Languages" in several seminars and have had great results in strengthening marriages and promote better communication and understanding.

Are you and your spouse speaking the same language? People express and receive love in different ways. Dr. Mike identifies these as the five languages of love: Quality Time, Words Of Affirmation, Gifts, Acts Of Service, and Physical Touch.

If you express love in a way that your spouse doesn't understand, he or she won't realize you've expressed your love at all. The problem is that you're speaking two different languages.

Perhaps your husband needs to hear encouraging words, but you feel cooking a nice dinner will cheer him up. When he still feels down, you're puzzled. Or, maybe your wife craves time with you, time away from the kids and television. The flowers you gave her just don't communicate that you care.

In this new edition of The Five Love Languages, you will find a couple's guide to help you work as a strong couple. Before you know it, you'll learn to speak and understand the unique languages of love and effectively express your love as well as feel truly loved in return.

How to save your marriage through relationship coaching
(dealing with divorce, not being vulnerable while separated, or considering getting divorced).
1. Surviving the break-up
2. How to Save your marriage alone
3. What not to do while you're separated
4. Advice for the brokenhearted
5. How to help your children through the divorce
6. How your friends can get you into trouble
7. Dating again, protecting yourself

Professional Athletes accountability coaching:
My Services include:
1. Dealing with Life under the spotlight/"image is Everything"
2. Establishing a strong and positive support system
3. Goal setting, planning, and positive decision making
4. Righting the ship if or when troubles or difficulties do arise
5. Understanding the value of team commitment
6. On-call 24/7 emergency consultation. All calls are confidential and your privacy is protected.

Professional Accountability Partner Program: for Doctors, lawyers, and corporate executives.
My services include
:
1. Establishing a strong and positive support system for yourself.
2. Goal setting, planning, and positive decision making in your family, practice or office.
3. Keeping your relationships healthy with your spouse/partner, children, and family.
4. Preventing affairs in the workplace that will destroy your family, practice, or business.
5. The importance of time management for doctors, lawyers, and corporate executives.
6. On-call 24/7 emergency consultation, All calls are confidential and your privacy is protected.

What is a Divorce/Separation Coach?

Most attorneys are not trained to act as Counselors or Divorce Coaches and cannot provide the proper emotional support to their clients. As a result, the attorney and client spend hours discussing the emotional aspects of divorce and the client ends up paying a large bill and receives little more than a shoulder to cry on.

Many of my clients come to me with little or no energy left to accomplish what they want out of life (life's battles). They say that there always seems to be a mountain to climb (major problem), and for others, a wall (major disaster) to run into. Does this sound familiar?

Divorce Coaching offers structure and holds clients responsible for assuming a pro-active role. A Coach may recommend material for clients to read, work on, or refer to for future use. Clients can benefit by working with a Coach in setting realistic expectations for the process and receiving education about the options available for divorce. Being informed and prepared helps clients make important decisions with confidence. Guiding clients in clarifying their thoughts, needs, and concerns, in order to communicate more effectively, is another important function of the Coach. Clear, purposeful, and rational communication helps to ease tension and foster understanding between spouses, as well as parents and children.

Much like any crisis or trauma, the early emotions of a pending divorce include shock, disbelief, denial, anger, and the pain associated with the loss. Once the early emotions have been experienced, there is a need for people going through a divorce to make sure they continue to take the necessary steps in moving toward recovery. As with any significant loss that involves a meaningful relationship, divorce can lead someone to a place of anger, bitterness, and lonely despair. Dr. Mike will walk you through the critical role of forgiveness in divorce recovery. Especially when it comes to wrestling with issues, like trying to prove who's right or wanting to get even.

In addition, many divorcing couples wind up in the traditional litigation route because they are reacting to fear, anger, and a desire for getting even and are not thinking about what will happen once the divorce battle has ended.

After the grief process has run its course, divorced men and women must begin to consider their next steps in getting back to a healthy level of functioning. While this may not necessarily mean starting a new romance there is a need to take stock and evaluate relationships with family members and friends.

Part of building a new life is the acceptance of having been divorced.
There are key issues in starting over, these include the need to avoid a victim mindset, having a balanced self-esteem and considering the future in terms of jobs, and finances.

After the grief process has run its course, divorced men and women must begin to consider their next steps in getting back to a healthy level of functioning. While this may not necessarily mean starting a new romance there is a need to take stock and evaluate relationships with family members and friends.

Did you know that...
Americans divorce more than any country in the history of the world.
The divorce rate has increased in the U.S. every decade since 1890.

Dynamics of Divorce Coaching:

Delayed and later life marriages are the norm for society today.
Divorce is often a lengthy process that can last for years.
The person who often seeks divorce coaching is the one who did not initiate the divorce proceedings.
Divorce coaches help repair and rebuild a life.
How the biological parents dealt with divorce literally determined the future of their sons and daughters.

What Divorce/Separation Coaching will do for you:
Help you manage the early emotions.
Move you towards acceptance.
Process the grief and loss.
Understand the grief cycle.
Do's and dont's in your divorce.
Forgiveness and letting go.
Building a new life.
The Five Keys to starting over.
Barriers to new relationships.
Finding new relationships.
Now what? Living in a blended family.

Are you in the process of Divorce? Do you have a relationship that isn't working, or that you want to improve and work on? Is your marriage in trouble, and is there still hope of reconciliation? Or do you need to end an unhealthy relationship? If you answered yes to any of these, I can help you as a Divorce Coach. You can call Dr. Mike at 303.880.9878 if you have any questions.

In addition, online/phone Master Life Coaching is affordable, accessible, anonymous, and available by appointment, from the privacy of your own home. Avoid the travel and time it takes to get my office. Since you never have to leave the comfort of your own home to meet with me, your anonymity and privacy are completely secure. I have many out of state clients, this is the most effective means for Life Coaching for those of you who are out of the state of Colorado or just want to talk over the phone.

What is a life coach?

A Life Coach is a professional that deals with relatively healthy people who want to improve their lives in specific ways, such as changing careers, finding a healthy relationship, taking their business to a new level, or deepening their self-understanding, for example. They deal with stress management as well as time management, goal setting, and other key areas of change to help their clients lead more balanced lives that better reflect clients’ personal values and priorities. It differs from therapy in that the focus is more on the present and future than the past, more on goals and behaviors than emotions and emotional patterns, and there is a more equal balance of power between the coach and client than between the typical therapist and client.

A certified Life Coach helps you find focus, identify your goals, track your progress, and stay motivated along the way. A Life Coach helps keep you on track, not just with your long-range, but with your monthly, weekly, and daily goals.

Why are so many people now using Professional Life Coaches and counselors?

When you have a professional trained Life Coach working with you, you have a trained support Coach, someone who knows what to do, knows how to guide you, and stays with you, helping you get through the obstacles, and reach your goals. Your Life Coach is a mentor, a guide, and a motivator, giving you objective feedback, encouragement, and non-stop support.

The areas that I have 25 years of experience are in; relationships, marriage and break-ups, reconciliation. I have mediated divorces, I work with lawyers and clients for an equal and fair settlement. If you like to talk with Mike, give him a call at 303.880.9878

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds