Many Databases Breached

04 Apr 2011 16:50 - 04 Apr 2011 17:19 #1 by HappyCamper
How many more do you think there will be we just got this from Target? We now have gotten one for King Soopers, Best Buy and Target.

Also heard on the radio that Yahoo has a big write up but I can find the article

To our valued guests,

Target’s email service provider, Epsilon, recently informed us that their data system was exposed to unauthorized entry. As a result, your email address may have been accessed by an unauthorized party. Epsilon took immediate action to close the vulnerability and notified law enforcement.

While no personally identifiable information, such as names and credit card information, was involved, we felt it was important to let you know that your email may have been compromised. Target would never ask for personal or financial information through email.

Consider these tips to help protect your personal information online:
Don’t provide sensitive information through email. Regular email is not a secure method to transmit personal information.
Don’t provide sensitive information outside of a secure website. Legitimate companies will not attempt to collect personal information outside a secure website. If you are concerned, contact the organization represented in the email.
Don’t open emails from senders you don’t know.
We sincerely regret that this incident occurred. Target takes information protection very seriously and will continue to work to ensure that all appropriate measures are taken to protect personal information. Please contact . should you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Bonnie Gross
Vice President, Marketing and Guest Engagement

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Apr 2011 16:57 #2 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic Many Databases Breached
Maybe you could change the title to Many Retail Databases Breached.

Because, I received notices from Walgreens and Ethan Allen. I think I have more but DH may have deleted them.

04 Apr 2011 17:19 #3 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Many Databases Breached
Good idea I changed it and added some more info.

04 Apr 2011 18:06 #4 by abc
Replied by abc on topic Many Databases Breached
I received a notice from Robert Half, an empoyment agency I haven't used for several years.

05 Apr 2011 04:32 #5 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Many Databases Breached
Hacking of data firm Epsilon exposes customers of 50 firms

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-e ... 8021.story

05 Apr 2011 08:17 #6 by Nobody that matters
Lokks like hackers got first name, last name and email address.

Personalized spam....

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds