Apple/Safari Issues with Staying Logged Into Websites

04 Apr 2011 17:17 #1 by ScienceChic
I recently bought an Apple laptop and noticed immediately that I was having issues staying logged onto 285Bound for any length of time (i.e. longer than 5 minutes) when I used Safari. I went to the store for a tutorial and asked them about it and they said that they hear there are common problems with Safari on this aspect. They downloaded Firefox for me so we could test it out, and, lo and behold, I can stay logged onto 285Bound for 2 hours now.

Has anyone else had this issue and have you fixed it other than using a different browser? Is it a Safari problem, or say a bug in a setting in 285Bound software?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Apr 2011 17:21 #2 by daisypusher
tibi cogitate--think for yourself -- so what experiment could you do to answer your question - "Is it a Safari problem, or say a bug in a setting in 285Bound software?"

05 Apr 2011 09:11 #3 by ScienceChic
Thanks dp. I actually already know the answer to this, I was hoping to start a dialog in case there's another solution than the one I have (haven't implemented it yet so I'm not sure my solution will work).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Apr 2011 09:23 #4 by CinnamonGirl
If there are issues with getting kicked off sometimes that has to do with cookie settings (on the forum) but then there would be many people having the same issue. Most times it is a setting on your browser.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds