"Have spacesuit, will travel"

05 Apr 2011 12:09 #1 by Blazer Bob
It occurred to me that someone who has read or is currently reading :Whistle this book might want to see what is involved in applying for this program.

"The Have Spacesuit — Will Travel program in 2010 was a great success. Four public schools in Maryland participated, with a total of 232 students involved. Together with the students from 2009, the total students who have participated in the program to date is 436.

The traveling spacesuit is a genuine Sokol spacesuit, made available to schools participating in the “Have Spacesuit, Will Travel” educational program sponsored by The Heinlein Prize Trust, World Space Week, Astronaut Leroy Chiao, Ph.D., and led by former astronaut Dr. Don Thomas, who accompanied the spacesuit to the classes. "

http://www.heinleinprize.com/?p=653

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Apr 2011 13:48 #2 by ScienceChic
Thanks neptune! I might know someone who'd be very interested in checking that out! :wink:

(BTW, we haven't started it yet - he just finished reading Book 1 of Diary of A Wimpy Kid)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Apr 2011 13:59 #3 by Blazer Bob

Science Chic wrote: Thanks neptune! I might know someone who'd be very interested in checking that out! :wink:

(BTW, we haven't started it yet - he just finished reading Book 1 of Diary of A Wimpy Kid)

K. If it is viable, I would pledge some $.

I will bring the Heinlein that featured tribbles to the next meal. It was written in 1952.

05 Apr 2011 14:02 #4 by ScienceChic
Yea! Thank you!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds