Lupus walk this Sunday. Donations are greatly appreciated.

11 Jun 2010 14:25 #1 by The Viking
Dear Friends,

I have a close friend, Michelle Zale, who currently battles the autoimmune disease lupus. It is chronic, life-threatening, and can be disabling. Michelle is one of the strongest people I know, and despite the many ups and downs she has experienced living with the disease she has remained optimistic, and continues to work tirelessly to take care of her family and work.

On June 13th I will be walking in the Walk for Lupus Now in Michelle Zale’s honor to raise funds for the Lupus Foundation of America (LFA). The LFA is the only national organization that provides direct services to people with lupus. In addition, they fund important research that will one day lead to a cure for lupus. This is now more important than ever, since it’s been 50 years since a new drug was approved by the FDA to specifically treat lupus.

Please help me reach my goal to raise $1000! I know this is short notice but every contribution is greatly appreciated and every dollar raised will help thousands of people with lupus in the Denver area and beyond. You can donate to my efforts online with a credit card on a secure website by going to ( http://donate.lupus.org/site/TR/Walk/Ge ... fr_id=1300 ) and immediately after making your gift you will receive an email with tax receipt information. You can also write a check payable to the LFA

Sincerely,

Steve
Making a difference starts with one step!
:Thanks: :grouphug: :Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jun 2010 16:20 #2 by ScienceChic
Viking - you should check your donation page - it says your goal is $100, not $1000!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Jun 2010 16:27 #3 by The Viking

Science Chic wrote: Viking - you should check your donation page - it says your goal is $100, not $1000!

I know and I am trying to figure out how to change it. And my donation went to her team before I joined and decided to do the walk.

13 Jun 2010 07:35 #4 by The Viking
I am heading down the hill to do this walk in the rain this morning. For everyone who donated to this cause, Thank you so much! I have seen directly how this disease affects my friend. You can still click on the link above and give a gift to this cause. Thanks again!

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds