Steve Jobs Official Biography Arrives in Early 2012

10 Apr 2011 21:19 #1 by CinnamonGirl
I would love to get this hopefully I will have my own kindle by then. I have not broken down and have been borrowing someone else's.

It’s official: the first official biography of Steve Jobs will be making its debut sometime in early 2012.

The book, iSteve: The Book of Jobs, is being penned by Walter Isaacson, famed biographer and the former CEO of CNN and managing editor of Time. While very little is know about the contents of the book, Isaacson did manage to obtain unprecedented access to Apple, Steve Jobs and even Jobs’ family. Simon & Schuster will publish and distribute the book.
\

Read more: http://mashable.com/2011/04/10/isteve-b ... ashable%29

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Apr 2011 21:43 #2 by ScienceChic
Ooh, I'll have to put that on my wish list! He's got to have great business ideals to learn.

Hubby went to a presentation last week by the CEO of Starbucks, Howard Schultz; said it was awesome! He actually had retired, but didn't like the way his old company was headed. Came in, fired 3/4 or something like that, of upper management, flew all store managers to NO for a conference on customer and volunteer service (there are over 17,000 of them!), and turned things around. His 2nd biggest expense is the HR department - to make sure his people have great benefits, and are served by their employer well. The other thing that impressed EM - Schultz never once uttered "Um" throughout his entire presentation!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/1 ... 49385.html

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Apr 2011 21:45 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Steve Jobs Official Biography Arrives in Early 2012
I know the Starbucks founder was very into benefits for his employees.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds