Educational Websites for Free....

14 Apr 2011 06:57 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Educational Websites for Free.... was created by CinnamonGirl
I love this one. Does anyone have anymore? I am especially looking for a free site that teaches a second language.

http://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm

MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW) is a web-based publication of virtually all MIT course content. OCW is open and available to the world and is a permanent MIT activity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Apr 2011 11:39 #2 by deltamrey
We elected to put all the material on the site FREE in 1993.....knowledge belongs to us all.....a good education permits the exploitation of knowledge. Enjoy. WE also have NEVER awarded an honorary degree to anyone.......as in NEVER. Want a MIT degree----hike up panties and bleed........a lot.

14 Apr 2011 12:35 #3 by deltamrey
In the past ten years, we estimate that MIT OpenCourseWare materials have reached 100 million individuals around the world. Forty-three percent of those accessing our site are independent learners, many of whom are unable to pursue formal education due to cost or personal circumstance. Through OCW, we provide an opportunity for them to enrich their minds and improve their lives. Every day we receive e-mails from self-learners such as this one from Canada, expressing appreciation for access to our materials:

"I have only a grade 10 education, and unfortunately due to my lifes circumstances, I have been unable to further my education. Even though I will not obtain a degree from MIT in this way, a degree is not my motivation. I wish to learn because I want to know."
In the next ten years, our goal is to increase the impact of OCW ten-fold. If we've reached 100 million people so far, we'd like to reach a billion by 2021. If a million educators have brought our materials into their classrooms so far, we'd like to help 10 million do so in the next ten years. And we have a plan for how to do this. Working with the MIT faculty and other advisors, we've identified four key focus areas for innovation that can help us reach this ambitious goal:

01 Jul 2011 23:59 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Educational Websites for Free....
http://www.khanacademy.org/

Watch. Practice.
Learn almost anything for free.

With a library of over 2,400 videos covering everything from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history and 125 practice exercises, we're on a mission to help you learn whatever you want, whenever you want, at your own pace.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds