Help to make a difference!

17 Apr 2011 15:02 #1 by Aquaria

Please join us for a fundraiser at Denver’s best veg restaurant – WaterCourse Foods – on Monday, April 25th, anytime between 7 AM and 10 PM.

WaterCourse Foods holds a weekly benefit called “Non-Profit Mondays” where it donates 10%-15% of its profits from a given Monday to a select local or national non-profit organization that focuses on the environment, education, or animals.

Sea Shepherd has been selected to be the recipient of the April 25th Non-Profit Monday fundraiser at WaterCourse Foods. This will be our second Non-Profit Monday at WaterCourse Foods and we are very grateful to be a part of it.

You don't have to be a vegetarian to enjoy this hot spot, but it may just open your eyes to how wonderful vegetarian food really can be! This restaurant has received multiple Denver Westword Best of Awards, and that's no surprise, because it has an extensive menu of high quality foods at very reasonable prices, offering everything from excellent breakfast and espresso, to yummy lunch or dinner, to local micro-brews, and freshly made desserts.

During most of the day, local Sea Shepherd Denver volunteers will be present to talk to patrons about Sea Shepherd and the issues currently facing our oceans. Donations are appreciated and printed materials as well as official Sea Shepherd merchandise will be available. Please come out to support this great cause!

http://my.seashepherd.org/NetCommunity/ ... f25%2f2011

If you are already in Denver for work and want a new place to stop for lunch or an after work place to catch a meal for dinner - Come stop in!

Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Apr 2011 22:45 #2 by Moonchild
Thank you for posting this - I'll tell my friends about it and I'll do my best to attend!

19 Apr 2011 12:56 #3 by Aquaria
Replied by Aquaria on topic Help to make a difference!
[youtube:3ikk5iey]
[/youtube:3ikk5iey]

Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest.

25 Apr 2011 09:29 #4 by Moonchild
I almost forgot about this until i saw the reminder in my email! Happening today so go eat!

Recycling Isn't the Answer: To Save the Planet, Eat Plants

Landfills contain 10 times more food than plastic. It's time to think about what we eat (and waste) in a new way.
http://www.theatlantic.com/life/archive ... ts/237296/
In sum, few people think about food from a climate-change perspective, and many that do are arguing over nuances. To really chip away at climate change, we need to change our diets in a very fundamental way, and that doesn't mean vegan is the only way to go. Today, on April 14, we're celebrating our fourth annual Low Carbon Diet Day, the one day a year when we talk about these principles in a very public way. (Had "Low Methane Day" sounded as catchy as a riff on the Atkins craze, that's probably what we would've called it.) The key to the program's ongoing success has been culinary: If the alternative to beef curries had been cardboard, it would have failed. If we had pressed recipes on our chefs instead of letting them develop options tailored to their guests, it would have failed.

(That picture thing is way cool - thanks for the instructions!)

25 Apr 2011 09:40 #5 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Help to make a difference!

Moonchild wrote: I almost forgot about this until i saw the reminder in my email! Happening today so go eat!

Recycling Isn't the Answer: To Save the Planet, Eat Plants

Landfills contain 10 times more food than plastic. It's time to think about what we eat (and waste) in a new way.
http://www.theatlantic.com/life/archive/2011/04/recycling-isnt-the-answer-to-save-the-planet-eat-plants/237296/

AND AFTER WE burn & eat all the plants, than what?
It's clear "Soylent Green"

25 Apr 2011 11:12 #6 by TPP
Yes, Thank you for posting this - I'll tell my friends about it and I'll do my best to BOYCOTT! This supporter of death!
Sea Shepherd (Comment, S.S. hmmmmm?)
The organization was founded in 1977 under the name Earth Force Society by Paul Watson, an early member of Greenpeace, after a dispute with that organization over what Watson saw as its lack of more aggressive intervention.[1] It has received support for its tactics against fishing, whaling, and seal hunting from quarters such as media personalities, while critics have called the direct action violent.[2] (Comment: Well Duh!)

(IMO, Nice FLAG a$$wipe)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Shepherd_Conservation_Society

Paul Watson (born December 2, 1950) is a Canadian animal rights and environmental activist, who founded and is president of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, a direct action group devoted to marine conservation.[1]
The Toronto native joined a Sierra Club protest against nuclear testing in 1969. He was an early and influential member of Greenpeace, crewed and skippered for it, and later was a board member. Watson argued for a strategy of direct action that conflicted with the Greenpeace interpretation of nonviolence, was ousted from the board in 1977, and subsequently left the organization. That same year, he formed Sea Shepherd Conservation Society. The group is the subject of a reality show, Whale Wars.
He also promotes veganism, voluntary human population control, and a biocentric, rather than anthropocentric, worldview.[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Watson
(Comment: At least we NOW know what it takes to get kicked out of greenpeace)

Just another jerk-o**, wing-nut, loon that thinks that man is the problem to everything, Save a Whale let a human die!
BULSH*T!

To you plant murderers I stand for equal rights!

25 Apr 2011 11:55 #7 by Argyle
Replied by Argyle on topic Help to make a difference!

"ACCEPTANCE,OPEN-MINDEDNESS,WILLINGNESS,HONESTY,LOVE,FORGIVENESS,HARMONY,TRUTH,FAITH,HOPE,LIGHT, JOY"-My Brother

lol lol lol ...yeah, you could probably go ahead and remove that part from your signature.

25 Apr 2011 12:48 #8 by Aquaria
Replied by Aquaria on topic Help to make a difference!
TPP - I can tell you know very little about Sea Shepherd. It takes a lot more research than what you have done to learn about what Sea Shepherd is all about. No one has been hurt or murdered by this crew. Their tactics are to sink illegal whaling vessels by bankrupting the illegal whalers. They are not a protest group that stand around holding signs saying "please please don't kill the whales". They are a direct action anti-poaching group that is actually doing something to intervene with the killings. I have a lot of respect for people that actually do something in a world where so many people do nothing and just stand around and talk and whine about the problems of the world but do nothing to make a difference. I would rather support a group of people that have the passion to take action than some group that just likes to stand around and protest and protest for what .... when nothing ever gets done? You and I'm sure many others can make jokes about conservationists but it won't be funny when we and our children suffer from our actions on this earth and in our oceans. I am frankly very tired of people putting money and greed above all morals, values and compassion in our society.

25 Apr 2011 13:47 - 25 Apr 2011 13:57 #9 by TPP

Flynn wrote:

"ACCEPTANCE,OPEN-MINDEDNESS,WILLINGNESS,HONESTY,LOVE,FORGIVENESS,HARMONY,TRUTH,FAITH,HOPE,LIGHT, JOY"-My Brother

lol lol lol ...yeah, you could probably go ahead and remove that part from your signature.

I'll make ya a deal, when the leftist do, I will...

On this subject:
I Accept the truth, I'm open-minded & don't like any kind of terrorist, willingness I'm willing to at least read, love I love the animals & sea, Ok I don't forgive the terrorist, (not perfect are you?), harmony I live in harmony with nature and it lives in harmony with me, Truth (see Acceptance), Faith I believe In GOD, Hope, well that interresting I have hope that the left will someday, just go away, Light I live by HIS light, Joy I knew her well.

Don't know why I should tell you but there ya are...

25 Apr 2011 13:50 #10 by TPP

Aquaria wrote: TPP - I can tell you know very little about Sea Shepherd. It takes a lot more research than what you have done to learn about what Sea Shepherd is all about. No one has been hurt or murdered by this crew. Their tactics are to sink illegal whaling vessels by bankrupting the illegal whalers. They are not a protest group that stand around holding signs saying "please please don't kill the whales". They are a direct action anti-poaching group that is actually doing something to intervene with the killings. I have a lot of respect for people that actually do something in a world where so many people do nothing and just stand around and talk and whine about the problems of the world but do nothing to make a difference. I would rather support a group of people that have the passion to take action than some group that just likes to stand around and protest and protest for what .... when nothing ever gets done? You and I'm sure many others can make jokes about conservationists but it won't be funny when we and our children suffer from our actions on this earth and in our oceans. I am frankly very tired of people putting money and greed above all morals, values and compassion in our society .

You you mean algore...
WAKE-UP!
They are terrorist... You don't mind so we know where you stand, and you know where I stand... end of debate. If only it saves 1 whale then screw everybody else. Please explain the poulation control?
And you talk of "MORALS" we wouldn't go there, yet.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds