Do you have.........?

17 Apr 2011 16:44 #1 by Sunshine Girl
I am looking for an inexpensive full set-up for a frog. Got anything you'd like to sell? Thanks!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Apr 2011 17:42 #2 by Iggy
Replied by Iggy on topic Do you have.........?
All ya need is a small pot ta simmer 'em in. I can teach ya how ta cook 'em, but you'll need more than one.... :biggrin:

17 Apr 2011 18:21 #3 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Do you have.........?

Iggy wrote: All ya need is a small pot ta simmer 'em in. I can teach ya how ta cook 'em, but you'll need more than one.... :biggrin:

OMG that was awful! :lol:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

17 Apr 2011 18:27 #4 by Hoot Owl
Replied by Hoot Owl on topic Do you have.........?

Iggy wrote: All ya need is a small pot ta simmer 'em in. I can teach ya how ta cook 'em, but you'll need more than one.... :biggrin:

Dont forget leg snippers, I am assuming you already have a gigging stick.
You did not say what you want to do with your frog. Are we on the wrong track?

17 Apr 2011 18:55 #5 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Do you have.........?
SG, I know someone who may have a 20 gal aquarium for free. Will let you know by tomorrow if it's still available. Would that work?

17 Apr 2011 18:57 #6 by Sunshine Girl

LopingAlong wrote: SG, I know someone who may have a 20 gal aquarium for free. Will let you know by tomorrow if it's still available. Would that work?

That would be great LopingAlong! Thank you so much. My little girl really wants to get a frog and I have been researching this for some time. How have you been?

17 Apr 2011 19:37 #7 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Do you have.........?
I left a message, will let you know when I hear.
We've been great!

17 Apr 2011 19:49 #8 by Wily Fox aka Angela
frogs need a terrarium set up with access to water. Important Tip: Frogs will eat ANYTHING they can get in their mouths, including other frogs. (I learned that the hard way). If you get more than one, make sure they are the same species.
I have made many with sectioning off a part of the aquarium with plexiglass and silicone. small underwater pump for water, nice plants, rocks and logs for frog(s) to hang out. They need vitamin D, get a good light and make sure to get vitamin powder and then you can shake and bake crickets for them. Maybe you already know all that, but just in case.

17 Apr 2011 20:02 #9 by Sunshine Girl

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: frogs need a terrarium set up with access to water. Important Tip: Frogs will eat ANYTHING they can get in their mouths, including other frogs. (I learned that the hard way). If you get more than one, make sure they are the same species.
I have made many with sectioning off a part of the aquarium with plexiglass and silicone. small underwater pump for water, nice plants, rocks and logs for frog(s) to hang out. They need vitamin D, get a good light and make sure to get vitamin powder and then you can shake and bake crickets for them. Maybe you already know all that, but just in case.

Most of it I already knew but you provided some excellent tips that I didn't. Thank you!

17 Apr 2011 20:57 #10 by Iggy
Replied by Iggy on topic Do you have.........?
Does that mean ya don't need a list of my favorite spices? :eatingsmilies:

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds