I'd Like to See this Movie

21 Apr 2011 10:17 #1 by lydian82
I really would like Under Our Skin, an award-winning documentary, to air on the local PBS stations here in May. Could you please send them a note to ask to have it shown here?

http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/index. ... 3&x=19&y=7

"Under Our Skin" to be Shown Nationwide on PBS stations in May 2011

“A gripping tale of microbes, medicine & money UNDER OUR SKIN exposes the hidden story of Lyme disease, one of the most serious and controversial epidemics of our time. Each year, thousands go undiagnosed or misdiagnosed, often told that their symptoms are all in their head. Following the stories of patients and physicians fighting for their lives and livelihoods, the film brings into focus a haunting picture of the health care system and a medical establishment all too willing to put profits ahead of patients.”

Reviews and comments received about Under Our Skin:

"Like a well-made thriller, gets under your skin…More deeply terrifying than any slasher film you'll ever see." ~ Michael O'Sullivan, The Washington Post

"Scary enough to make the faint of heart decide never to venture into the woods." ~ Stephen Holden, New York Times

"Emotionally riveting...I was so moved. A beautiful film." (radio show) ~ Dr. Mehmet Oz, Oprah and Friends Network

"Tops my must-see documentaries!" ~ John Dodge, CBS Interactive "Dramatically compelling...a ripping indictment of the medical establishment's failure to uphold its oath." ~ Dann Gire, Chicago Daily Herald

This film is especially important to all that like to spend time outdoors and inform yourselves on the medical controversies that surround Lyme Disease. Your best defense is prevention. However, if you have children and loved ones that play outside whether it is in your backyard or play several types of sports outdoors, knowledge is a must because early detection, diagnosis and treatment can lead to a positive outcome rather than enduring years of pain and problems.

Thanks a bunch. :Thank You:

http://lyme-aware.org/news/lyme-news/54 ... n-may.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Apr 2011 09:38 #2 by Aquaria
Replied by Aquaria on topic I'd Like to See this Movie
That sounds really interesting. I'd like to see it too. I recently read something else about humans with internal parasites and how some medical conditions occur as a result of having worms but are too often misdiagnosed. People who are often around livestock and household pets such as cats and dogs can pick up these parasites and not realize it. We deworm our pets but doctors really don't discuss with us about deworming ourselves. I enjoy informative documentaries. The more we learn about our health, the better.

Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest.

22 Apr 2011 12:00 #3 by lydian82
Replied by lydian82 on topic I'd Like to See this Movie
Channel 6 says they are not showing it in May. Channel 12 will air it the first time on May 1 at 3:30 a.m. At that time, you may need to record it. I gave you the link so you can see what other times it is available.

http://www.cpt12.org/tv_schedule/full_d ... 2011-05-01

22 Apr 2011 20:20 #4 by lydian82
Latest Update. According to Under Our Skin, the “IDSA is trying to stop our broadcasts on PBS stations! Contact your local PBS station and ask them to program UNDER OUR SKIN, directing them to the link below BEFORE April 26th, the date of the feed to the public television system." http://www.netaonline.org/

29 Apr 2011 03:25 #5 by lydian82
Now the IDSA (Infectious Disease Society of America) is trying to censor the documentary. Why is there so much effort to suppress this movie?

If I hadn't had personal experience with the lack of knowledge and how the standard treatment didn't work for me, I would have never believed this all is going on.

Thank god I am 100% now but it took years not days to get better.

29 Apr 2011 06:02 #6 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic I'd Like to See this Movie
I like to see it too, but unfortunatly, pbs, doesn't come in on my dish!

No matter what I think, about pbs... "censor the documentary" is total BULLSH*T!
But it's happen before on lots of right documentaries, just don't hear about it because it's pbs that's doing the censorship.

29 Apr 2011 06:39 #7 by FredHayek
The movie would make me itch.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Apr 2011 09:05 #8 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic I'd Like to See this Movie
So ya saw it, where?

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds