The Royal Wedding? In or Out?

27 Apr 2011 07:11 #11 by FredHayek
There are very few events that aren't sports related that have the world watching and this marriage may be one of the last. Remember when Apollo or shuttle launches were watched by everyone? Or when MASH ended, our TV viewing is very scattered now.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Apr 2011 13:25 #12 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic The Royal Wedding? In or Out?
I just shot my TV I am already sick of this nonsense.
That bride to be should run as fast as she can from that lunatic,inbred bunch of dysfunctional losers. Sorry for not being direct.

27 Apr 2011 13:33 #13 by ScienceChic
Oh come on jmc, tell us how you really feel! :biggrin:

I have too many other important things to do than to sit and watch this, plus hours of DVR'd Top Gear, Mythbusters, Deadliest Catch, Bones, Castle, House, V, and Stargate: Universe to catch up on, Netflix movies, tons of books, and a blog to start! I need to get off the damn computer! lol

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Apr 2011 13:35 #14 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic The Royal Wedding? In or Out?

Science Chic wrote: Oh come on jmc, tell us how you really feel! :biggrin:

I have too many other important things to do than to sit and watch this, plus hours of DVR'd Top Gear, Mythbusters, Deadliest Catch, Bones, Castle, House, V, and Stargate: Universe to catch up on, Netflix movies, tons of books, and a blog to start! I need to get off the damn computer! lol

Hell I'll take Giiligan reruns at this point.

27 Apr 2011 14:39 #15 by Sunshine Girl
I'm so excited to watch it! I remember getting up early to watch it with my sister and mum and I can't wait to now watch it with my 2 daughters 30 years later. I was kinda reluctant because I was tired but my mom talked me into it. Now doubt I will have to do the same with my 2, but I look back on it now and have very fond memories of that moment in time with my mom and sis. :heart: Hopefully 30 years from now my girls will look back on it and be as thankful as I was that someone made me get my lazy butt out of bed. Nothing but best wishes for them.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

27 Apr 2011 17:29 #16 by bailey bud

Sunshine Girl wrote: I'm so excited to watch it! I remember getting up early to watch it with my sister and mum ......

and you see how well that last wedding lasted?

Not worth watching - not worth following --- not worth giving a rat's ass..... (excuse my French)

27 Apr 2011 18:59 #17 by AlpineMike

jmc wrote: I just shot my TV I am already sick of this nonsense.
That bride to be should run as fast as she can from that lunatic,inbred bunch of dysfunctional losers. Sorry for not being direct.

:yeahthat: :lol:

28 Apr 2011 20:29 #18 by Sunshine Girl
It's almost here and this hopeless romantic is so excited! :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

29 Apr 2011 06:38 #19 by FredHayek
I woke up late and only caught the new couple presenting themselves to the public. The expression on Kate's face was awesome, like a combination, I am so excited to be here finally, but also a little shock at all the people waiting to see her.

And also love the old school flyover, an old WWII Wellington or Lancaster accompanied by Spitfires.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Apr 2011 06:51 #20 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic The Royal Wedding? In or Out?
It was cool. Sorry, I did enjoy it.

My family is English though. We were decedents from the Mayflower and my family is part of the Sons of the American Revolution. Very into etiquette and history. I still to this day find myself in the habit of keeping with etiquette.

Watching the flyby and the flags and the carriage it was a Cinderella story. I did wonder if they were thinking about Diana.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds