Crochet Vandals Do Graffiti!

26 Apr 2011 00:56 #1 by ScienceChic
I couldn't see my mom doing something like this!

http://www.npr.org/2011/04/25/135705721 ... c=fb&cc=fp
Crochet Vandals Do Graffiti ... Like Your Grandma
by Jennifer Sharpe
April 25, 2011

Unlike most street artists who travel with spray paint or markers, Captain Hook — as she asked NPR to call her — works with a crochet hook and yarn.

Her "walls" are public fixtures, like the bronze bear statue in L.A.'s Griffith Park that stands zombie-like with its paws out. In mid-March, Hook was feverishly working on the bear's 10th outfit — its St. Patrick's Day attire — a body glove in four shades of green.

In a county of 10 million people, if Captain Hook has succeeded in making one gardener and a few passersby stop and laugh, she feels she's achieved her goal. And she's already plotting her next move. "I saw a dolphin statue in Santa Monica that stands much like the bear, fins out," she says. "When I saw that, I was like, 'Dude, your days are numbered!' "

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Apr 2011 05:16 #2 by RivendaleFarms
I love yarn bombing! Did you see the picture of the knitted ball and chain a group put on the Big Blue Bear down at the Denver Convention Center last week? I'll find a pic later today and post it - it didn't last long before security there took it down, but it was terrific!

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds