Next Rec Center Vote

05 May 2011 12:04 #21 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Next Rec Center Vote
[Edited: :Off Topic ]

archer wrote:

TPP wrote:

archer wrote: Is that your mom in your avatar TPP? what a great smile :)

Told her, and she says "Well, Thank you!"

She is more than welcome....I wish my mom would smile more, she always has this half smile on her face, like she knows something no one else does....hmmmmm, maybe she does.

(I agree with you the cat that ate the carray<sp?> smile, I dig it!)
SURE she does...
That's part of the our problem, IMO we don't ask for the history that our, parents, grandparents LIVED. Of all the things wrong with China, they respect, and take care of they're parents, doesn't matter how far back.
I asked my Dad to write down, all he could remember about his time in WWII in the Pacific, and he said "Even when we had to climb the nets and the guy in front of me used my face as a step?" I said "YES" All of it, nothing, also asked my Uncle who was a marine in the 'Nam, and he didn't even answer me. I understand that it's hard but if we don't get our parents to tell us, and they pass we will lose that history, not only family history, but world history...
The Indians got it, other cultures get it why don't we (U.S. get it). I Love talking with older folks, now am becoming one, and my kids know all I can rememeber... (Wiffie fills in the blanks).

Suggestion, On this Mother's Day, if Your Mom hasn't moved on, ask her how she met your Dad? her wedding?, what she during the wars? Wht was the funnyest thing you did that had her ROFL!!!, something/anything...
O same with Father's Day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds