Denver Botanic Gardens Annual Plant Sale - starts tomorrow!

04 May 2011 10:05 #1 by ScienceChic
I went for the first time last year and it was amazing! Absolutely do bring your own wagon or cart - they were all taken - and get there early! They were sold out of most of the fruit by the time I got there Friday afternoon last year. I went for the chocolate mint - yes, it really does smell and taste like chocolate and mint equally, and it's easy to grow (very invasive as a matter of fact), and found dark purple irises, ground cover, tea and bush roses of unusual colors, and all kinds of veggies!

There's a $50 charge if you want to get in during the preview sale Thursday night, or you can wait until Friday and Saturday when it's free.

http://www.botanicgardens.org/content/spring-plant-sale
Plant Sale Preview Party
York Street
Thursday, May 5, from 4-7 p.m.
$50 at the door

Plant Sale
York Street
Friday, May 6
8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.

York Street
Saturday, May 7
8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.

Members receive 10 percent off all purchases!
admission

Free entry to the Plant Sale on Friday & Saturday

Here are some of the plants you will find at the Plant Sale:
Annuals
Aquatics
Container Plants
Hanging Baskets
Herbs
Perennials
Plant Select
Rock Alpine
Roses
Water-Smart
We will also have Grown at the Gardens plants and Fruits/Berries/Veggies available at the Plant Sale.

Home page: http://www.botanicgardens.org/

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 May 2011 10:12 #2 by major bean
What I truly like are the bonzai trees. I went to the Botanical Gardens a few years back whenever the bonzai club had a dlsplay of their trees. Most wonderful art for any person to work at.

Regards,
Major Bean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds