Cinco De Mayo

05 May 2011 08:46 #1 by Nmysys
Cinco De Mayo was created by Nmysys
To those of Mexican descent, enjoy the holiday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 May 2011 09:31 #2 by Boneyard
Replied by Boneyard on topic Cinco De Mayo
A little history on the holiday.

Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York. This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost. The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day. The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as - Sinko De Mayo.
WHAT??? You expected something educational from me? You need a shot of Tequila after that don't you?

05 May 2011 09:36 #3 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Cinco De Mayo
Who cares!
When we celeabrate May 3 Constitution Day for POLAND Święto Narodowe Trzeciego Maja (Święto Konstytucji Trzeciego Maja), than I'll care!

05 May 2011 10:51 #4 by Cowboy
Replied by Cowboy on topic Cinco De Mayo
You know whats funny, they dont celabrate the 5th of may in Mexico, its just a hloiday where they can go tear up the town and wave thier flag.

05 May 2011 12:49 #5 by Martin Ent Inc
Replied by Martin Ent Inc on topic Cinco De Mayo
The commercialization of Cinco de Mayo started because Coors Brewing Company wanted to improve its image among Hispanics who used to boycott the brewing company for alleged discriminatory practices.

And it's my Birth Day.

05 May 2011 13:11 #6 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Cinco De Mayo
Happy birthday Martin Ent Inc.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

05 May 2011 13:41 #7 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Cinco De Mayo
Happy Birthday Martin Ent Inc., sorry it has to be soiled.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds