OUR RUSSIAN VISA's JUST ARRIVED!!! Were going to Russia!

17 Jun 2010 07:01 #21 by bailey bud
expand your Russian vocabulary:

Privyat (s'up)

Dosvidania (later, dude)

Spaciba (thanks)

Pajasta (no problem)

caveat - I have absolutely no idea how to spell in Russian. This is just what little I remember (I studied Russian and Russian History in the 80s, before the wall came down).

I still think Leningrad (now known as St. Petersburg) is one of the nicest cities I've ever seen.

I have no fond memories of Moscow - except bartering with black market guys for a Russian hat.

Not sure if Zagorsk is worth seeing - but it was in the 80s. (14th century - and one of the spiritual parts of Russia the communists allowed to stand)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jun 2010 13:00 #22 by TPP
IF VL, comes back, that MUST mean he's even to leftist for them.
Take a$$wipe, very rough there, or I guess you could run to the car and rub your a$$ on the taxi's seats....

17 Jun 2010 13:06 #23 by TPP

Satchmo wrote: Da and Nyet!

Da = Is short for diarrhea.
Nyet = hors d'oeuvres, (it's a small amphibian, I understand the lower classes/& union workers fry them and they are teasty.)

17 Jun 2010 13:30 #24 by TPP
O I almost forgot, if the coupons from your "Red C Book", are expired you could use them for a$$wipe.

18 Jun 2010 08:40 #25 by ScienceChic
Hubby says all you need to know is Dva vodka pjalasta.
He used to know how to say "I am rich and you are beautiful", but he's since forgotten (he claims since meeting me but I'm sure if he got back over there it would come back quickly!).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 Jun 2010 14:18 #26 by TPP
Is there a Russia, in Utah?

18 Jun 2010 16:45 #27 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic OUR RUSSIAN VISA's JUST ARRIVED!!! Were going to Russia!

bailey bud wrote: expand your Russian vocabulary:

Privyat (s'up)

Dosvidania (later, dude)

Spaciba (thanks)

Pajasta (no problem)

caveat - I have absolutely no idea how to spell in Russian. This is just what little I remember (I studied Russian and Russian History in the 80s, before the wall came down).

I still think Leningrad (now known as St. Petersburg) is one of the nicest cities I've ever seen.

I have no fond memories of Moscow - except bartering with black market guys for a Russian hat.

Not sure if Zagorsk is worth seeing - but it was in the 80s. (14th century - and one of the spiritual parts of Russia the communists allowed to stand)

It's all worth see'ing. We have seen our fair share of 5 star resorts, thats not what we are looking for. We want to see the seemy under belly of the world from the back streets of Calcutta, to the blatant racism of Cape Town and the brutal slavery in Dubai. I'm not going all the way to Russia to sit in an all inclusive resort and sip cherry cokes by the pool- I can do that here.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds