Happy Mother's Day!

08 May 2011 08:46 #1 by Sunshine Girl
Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful moms.......and some special love to all the moms who are no longer with us. :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 May 2011 08:51 #2 by MyMountainTown

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

08 May 2011 09:08 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Happy Mother's Day!
Happy Mother's Day to my daughter and her first Mother's day today.

08 May 2011 11:36 #4 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Happy Mother's Day!
It's a wonderful Mother's Day....My mom is out of the hospital today....she was taken to emergency yesterday with chest pains.....never a good sign, but they could find nothing wrong with her or her heart.....may have been reflux. I'm glad she had it checked out, at 93 you don't mess with chest pain.

08 May 2011 11:39 #5 by chocolove
Replied by chocolove on topic Happy Mother's Day!
Hope every mother out there has a Great Mother's Day!!!

08 May 2011 21:23 #6 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Happy Mother's Day!
Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

Any goodies/special treats/gifts you'd like to share?! My hubby made chocolate mint strawberry crepes with homemade whipped cream for breakfast, and crab legs + asparagus with grape tomatoes and goat cheese for dinner (we ate on the deck for the first time since last year - it was heavenly!). The kids decorated lovely cards, and got me a subscription to a White Tea of the Month Club (2oz of 2 white teas every month for 6 months from my favorite store, Teavana). It was a working day - yard/garden work all day, but well spent.

How was everyone else's?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 May 2011 14:22 #7 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Happy Mother's Day!
A little sobering reality...

http://www.alternet.org/reproductivejus ... n=alternet
The World's Best and Worst Places to Be a Mother
In many parts of the developing world, the day a woman becomes a mother is a day too often obscured by terrible tragedy and danger.
May 6, 2011

Each Mother's Day, I celebrate the two most miraculous, deliriously happy days of my life -- the days I gave birth to my two children. What I counted on: health care, a safe and sanitary environment, and supportive and trained birth personnel. It would have never occurred to me, a resident of the United States giving birth in a very typical way in a wealthy nation, is that the days I gave birth could have been the most dangerous and deadly of my life.

But in many parts of the developing world, the day a woman becomes a mother is a day too often obscured by terrible tragedy and danger. She will face losing her baby and losing her own life.

According to international development organization, Save the Children, http://www.savethechildren.org/site/c.8 ... l_Site.htm "around the world, more than 350,000 women die each year from complications of pregnancy and childbirth, and millions more develop some kind of disability. When a mother dies, her children are much more likely to be poor, to drop out of school, and to die before age five."

...in Sierra Leone, one in eight women dies during pregnancy, and one in five children dies before his or her first birthday.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 May 2011 14:23 #8 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Happy Mother's Day!

archer wrote: It's a wonderful Mother's Day....My mom is out of the hospital today....she was taken to emergency yesterday with chest pains.....never a good sign, but they could find nothing wrong with her or her heart.....may have been reflux. I'm glad she had it checked out, at 93 you don't mess with chest pain.

:like: 93 is amazing!

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds