Fire in Lost Park

08 May 2011 21:04 #51 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Fire in Lost Park
Hoping for the best from the fire. On a side note.......we were at a neighbors party yesterday and another one of our neighbors said that when you go to grab some clothes to grab them out of the dirty laundry hamper since you know those are the clothes you like, that fit you, and that you will wear. Also, at Buster's Pet Supply in Conifer they sell pet stickers to put on your doors that say how many pets you have regarding cats, dogs, other. Other tips: leave some bottled water outside of your front door for the firefighters, leave a note on your UNLOCKED front door letting them know they have your permission to go in and use the bathroom and help themselves to the refrig. I think there were other things but I forgot them.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 May 2011 08:59 #52 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Fire in Lost Park
Any updates? Sounds like it doesn't have much oomph left but with the winds in South Park, you never know.
Looks like it ran along the Colorado Trail. I am hoping it was just one of those fast moving fires that burns out the underbrush but leaves the trees.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 May 2011 09:11 #53 by Martin Ent Inc
Replied by Martin Ent Inc on topic Fire in Lost Park
150 acres, still working it.

09 May 2011 10:59 #54 by Southpark
Replied by Southpark on topic Fire in Lost Park
Watching the flames last night was spooky. My husband said that he could see more flames at 3:30a this morning than we could see at 10p last night. It was still putting out a lot of smoke when we left for work this morning. Wind doesn't look like it's doing us any favors right now.

09 May 2011 11:07 #55 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Fire in Lost Park
Snyder Creek Fire Near Kenosha Pass Sits Down

KENOSHA PASS, Colo. (CBS4) – Firefighters on Monday are mopping up hotspots at the scene of the Snyder Creek Fire near Kenosha Pass.
Park County Sheriff Fred Wegener told CBS4 on Monday that the fire is mostly out.
The blaze broke out on Sunday close to the town of Jefferson and burned about 150 acres.
The fire forced hikers and campers out of the area. On Sunday a helicopter dumped muddy water from nearby water sources on trees that were on fire.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/05/09/s ... sits-down/

09 May 2011 11:47 #56 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Fire in Lost Park
Thanks, CG!

09 May 2011 11:49 #57 by CinnamonGirl
I am just glad it seems to be under control. :)

Thanks to everyone that posted updates, their info and pictures. In these times of emergency you are our eyes and ears. Please send us any pics if you have trouble ( . ) and we so appreciate all your efforts to keep the community updated.

09 May 2011 12:02 #58 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Fire in Lost Park
:thumbsup:

09 May 2011 13:28 #59 by CinnamonGirl
More http://theflume.com/main.asp?SectionID= ... cleID=8075

The Snyder Creek wildfire, which is burning in an estimated 150-acre area near Kenosha Pass, had reached about 20 percent containment as of 10 a.m. Monday morning, according to the U.S. Forest Service.

Ralph Bellah, the fire information officer for the U.S. Forest Service, said the fire slowed down overnight, and crews were attacking it aggressively in an attempt to achieve 100 percent containment.

He said Forest Service crews would be out in the wilderness mapping the boundaries of the fire to get a better estimate of the area that had been burned.

He said he wasn't sure how fast the fire was moving, but he said winds were reaching 40 mph in the area Monday morning.

09 May 2011 13:30 #60 by CinnamonGirl
Wildfire burns near Kenosha Pass, large swath of Colorado under fire warning

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_18026156

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds