Wind blew my window out into a million pieces (pics)

09 May 2011 21:11 #11 by Rockdoc
??? Perhaps a blow torch will help? That way you can melt all the little pieces into one large glob. Of course, that might damage the carpet a bit too. How about a real good vacuums that sucks?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 May 2011 21:45 #12 by ScienceChic
I was on the phone with CG when it happened - you should have heard her reaction! She stops and says "Hold on. It sounds like something just broke!", and then starts saying"Oh My God", but in a calmish tone of voice. It was a nice capture of a natural reaction, too bad I didn't have a camera! ;)

I had a door window break not that long ago, and it did the same thing - tempered glass breaks in a million pieces like that to protect anyone nearby - smaller pieces damage the body less than bigger pieces (tempered glass is harder for thieves to break and get into the house, so that's why it's used)!

I don't recommend the blow torch, as it'll probably melt the glass to the carpet (then you'll definitely have to replace it), but vacuuming many times will get the majority of it. Best of luck CG!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 May 2011 21:50 #13 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Wind blew my window out into a million pieces (pics)
I think I was in shock. LOL.

So, she forgot to tell you that I called her to let her know we were okay. She of course saw the pics and my son was upstairs and a window blew off up there too. So, I had to call her back after checking that out.

It did not break and we put it back in. My upstairs windows are older. My son wondered how bad the wind was, it was pretty strong. What a weird day.

09 May 2011 21:53 #14 by CC
I know someone who can get you some new carpet.
Actually....your insurance will cover it.
By the way....I have those same sandals LOL

09 May 2011 22:17 #15 by pineinthegrass
Wow, sorry for your damage. Amazing it was just caused by wind.

I had a double pane sliding glass door blown out once from a neighbor's kid in a house below mine shooting a random pellet gun shot. It sounded like a small explosion.

They did the right thing and covered the replacement door window. Never saw the kid again... lol .

But I didn't have the glass blown over the place like yours. I had plenty of glass too, but I could vacuum it up.

Sorry about your window!

09 May 2011 22:18 #16 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Wind blew my window out into a million pieces (pics)

Becky wrote: I know someone who can get you some new carpet.
Actually....your insurance will cover it.
By the way....I have those same sandals LOL

'

My sandals are gone now. If you have info on carpet that would be great.

09 May 2011 22:24 #17 by CC
Call Kelly 303-880-1762.....after you call your insurance.

09 May 2011 22:31 #18 by CinnamonGirl
Thank you for the info. I wonder if carpet cleaning will help. Have you seen this before?

10 May 2011 05:52 #19 by TPP
OK, CG, How many time do I have to tell you that "YOU MUST OPEN THE WINDOW, BEFORE YA SHOT THE RED SQUIRELS!"

O, O I Mean, gotta watch those branches to close to the house on windy days...

O, O, O I Mean hope the hummingbird is OK...
For insurance, reasons...

Glad you didn't get hurt...

10 May 2011 07:38 #20 by Sunshine Girl
LOL TPP!

Becky is right. Call your insurance today! This is a great time to take advantage of what happened and to get new carpet. It should also cover the replacement glass of course (tempered). If you try to vacum it up you will always have tiny shards. The carpet people should (?) just remove the carpet with the glass in it. Get new pad too. Soooooo glad you guys weren't hurt. :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds