any body worried about their well this year?

11 May 2011 09:15 #11 by Wily Fox aka Angela

TPP wrote: Noper, still got snow, under some trees in back....

as of today, same here, dude!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 May 2011 11:19 #12 by TPP
LOVE IT NOW!

Guess, I'll turn off the pump , I mean, You can have some of your water OOps my water if ya need it, just lmk

Besides if I got the snow and you didn't... THAT WOULD BE DAMN SCARY!!!!!

11 May 2011 11:36 #13 by Wily Fox aka Angela
heeheeheeee.... (for those that don't get that last statement, TPP lives right up the road)

11 May 2011 11:51 #14 by TPP
Do you have any idea how hard it is to get water pumped uphill... :Whistle

11 May 2011 12:35 #15 by navycpo7
Well here is some info,(yep I do work for a well pump company), up here we do not have aquafers. Amazing how many people think we do. There are watersheds but they do not have a big impact on your wells. Most wells are nothing but cracks and in the ground. Most of our water comes from the high country snowfall. The local snowfall does not do much. Those that normally get somewhat brown water during spring runoff may see that when this all melts. It is all about paying attention to somethings. Especially your toilets. If you have normal ones, then look into the tank, see if water is all the way up to the top of the center tube. If so adjust it down about a 1/4 inch. Water should not be flowing over the top. Also put some food coloring in the tank, let it sit for a few minutes then check the bowl. If it is in the bowl, fix your flapper also. This can help a couple of things. (we have proven this over and over). Running toilets can ruin your well and your septic. So check them out. Running toilets use alot of water in a 24 hr period.

11 May 2011 12:53 #16 by Wily Fox aka Angela

TPP wrote: Do you have any idea how hard it is to get water pumped uphill... :Whistle

no, I don't
no, I don't
no, I don't
no, I don't
:wave:

11 May 2011 13:34 #17 by TPP

11 May 2011 15:18 #18 by FredHayek
Not worried this year, but we are on the other side of Kenosha, more concerned about flooding.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 May 2011 12:27 #19 by Wily Fox aka Angela
pond is starting to look more normal now. Even our ducks are back. They come in every year. I call them Mr and Mrs Drake

and :no2: , TPP, you can't have them! :jk2: (not really)

12 May 2011 22:52 #20 by Local_Historian
I'd say since we have yet to see any real melting from the high country, it's not time to worry about it.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds