Which Decade do you think had the best music??

15 Jun 2010 11:09 #1 by The Viking
The other thread got me thinking. If you could pick any one decade of music to listen to which one would you pick? This is including country and rock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jun 2010 11:58 #2 by FredHayek
1980's for pop & rock. 1940's for country.
:yeahthat:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Jun 2010 13:09 #3 by LOL
Well I like the 60s and 70s now for the "good ol days" factor, but maybe not the best music by any standard. I voted 70s or whatever decade the good classic rock was... like Eagles and CCR, Doors, etc. Hope I guessed right.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

15 Jun 2010 13:56 #4 by The Viking
Not my favorite decade but one of my all time favorite songs from the 60's.......

[youtube:bj0glj9c]
[/youtube:bj0glj9c]

15 Jun 2010 20:52 #5 by kentucky jan
Tough to choose! My mom's 40's Big Band music was the background of my childhood. That was the music I learned to dance to, and I still love Glenn Miller, Les Paul & Mary Ford, Benny Goodman...
The 70's music is such a mix of all that came before! 10 years of hard rock, soft rock, pop, bluegrass, country, big band (remember Stray Cats?) And I loved disco too (I loved the night life, I loved to boogie!) Dance, dance, dance, all night long!

16 Jun 2010 09:28 #6 by The Viking
Wow, looks like good music died after the 80's. And the 70's sure come on strong!

16 Jun 2010 09:33 #7 by pinedust
Either that, or there are a lot of folks here in their 40s and 50s. :music:
I will admit, a lot of today's music doesn't do much for me.

16 Jun 2010 16:56 #8 by ScienceChic

pinedust wrote: Either that, or there are a lot of folks here in their 40s and 50s. :music:

That will certainly skew things!

I will admit, a lot of today's music doesn't do much for me.

I listen every day to Mix100, Alice 105.9, 95.7, or 96.1 (I never wanted to be the Mom who listened to her "oldies" on radio stations that didn't play them much anymore, or had to play her CD collection over and over, or be completely out of touch with what my kids listened to so I've always listened to current stuff and downloaded just my faves), and my overall impression is that the creativity seemed to have peaked in the 60s/70s/80s. So yeah, there is a lot less that is really good out today, although there are always exceptions. Just not the plethora of yesteryear.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Jun 2010 17:02 #9 by JMC
I listen more on mood. If I feel like blues or jazz, I try to listen to what makes me feel good and fits my mood. , era is irrelevant. Same thing with rock or even classical and country.I think we all relate better to what we listened to in our teens.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds