Large police presence in Mountain Lakes

13 May 2011 08:45 #1 by Local_Historian
I live in the Mountain Lakes area, off of Parker, and have for four years now. The number of times I've seen a police car back up here on the dirt roads numbers to two- two years ago, and now for the past two days.

I followed one down off my road yesterday when I went to work; actualy inadvertantly ended up following him all the way into Evergreen. This morning, not only did they cruise past my house again, early morning, but daughter left for work and called home, saying there were no less that three police cars up here - two in the church parking lot, one at a neighbor's house.

Not wanting to sound paranoid, but they never come back here on the dirt roads. And since I'm going to be having strangers to the area over the next week for boy's HS graduation, I'm concerned.

Local office - the clerk didn't know, so she transfered me to dispatch, who gave me a standard "need to know" disclaimer- apparently I don't need to know.

Except this is my home, my neighborhood and police never come here. So I do want to know, just in case something serious is happening - I want my family, house, dogs to be safe.

So, anyone have any clue what's up?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 May 2011 10:40 #2 by BearMtnHIB

Get used to the new "normal". I remember when the Evergreen AND Conifer area had one sheriff car- with a backup available from Golden. Now they train newbies up here- there are about 12 in the Evergreen area alone.

They drive through the intersection at 74 & 73 on friday and saturday night at the rate of about 1 or two per minute. This has had an affect on the night life - most people are afraid to be out on the weekends now. Those businesses who depend on the night crowd are down - more than 50% fewer customers.

The last 4 times I was driving in Hiwan to my parents house- I saw sheriff vehicles 3 out of the 4 times. We never used to see them in there, unless someone called for them. I believe that "self generated" citizen stops are up to about 90% of all police calls now. This means that they are out drumming up business - at the rate of 9 to 1. Only 1 out of every 10 calls now is a citizen initiated call.

I have been listening to the police and fire frequencies for about 33 years now and the changes have been dramatic. We now live in an atmosphere very similar to what you would expect living in a police state.

I have several police scanners and I provide a feed for them up to the internet so people who want to know what is going on can listen. If you want to hear what is going on in your area- you can listen to my scanner feed. This is why it's out there- so more of us can get informed.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=4269

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds