Bullseye ---- well almost.....

28 May 2011 20:21 #1 by bailey bud
Well - following up on our discussion about elk guns, I found a Winchester model 70 in .30-06.

Take a look at what it did at 100 yards (ignore bottom right --- that's a stray .22 for the guy next to me)

Wind from my left about 15-20 mph.

Remember --- I'm a centerfire newbie --- be kind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 May 2011 20:58 #2 by otisptoadwater
BB you have a nice group there and for a first time outing with a rifle you have never fired before you have every right to be proud. Do you recall the sequence of the shots and each strike on the target? I'm guessing that the first shot was high and left and you worked your way down from left to right but that's a guess. Target diameter? I'm guessing a 14" x 14" but you tell me. Where you shooting prone, sitting, kneeling, or standing? Regardless, I congratulate you on a nice group, you have two positive kills on that target and a couple of shots that would have made the target die tired!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

28 May 2011 21:13 #3 by bailey bud
Otis - the pic is a big 12" target. This was one of three (30 yds, 50 yds, and 100 yds)
(revised - just went down and measured the target)

Took 4 shots at each (12 shots took about an hour - since I fed the gun manually, and checked each shot out with my field glasses, and waited a few times for neighbors to go down range).

Have to say ---- Kind of fun shooting a quality rifle!

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds