Electric-blue lobster caught off P.E.I.

04 Jun 2011 08:26 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Electric-blue lobster caught off P.E.I. was created by CinnamonGirl
http://www.cbc.ca/news/offbeat/story/20 ... r-584.html

Blair Doucette landed the lobster in North Rustico. Only about one in four million lobsters is blue. The colour is caused by a genetic mutation.

Wendy Doucette, Blair's wife, told CBC News in 30 years of fishing he has never seen a blue lobster. They are considering donating the lobster to a local aquarium.

The last blue lobster reported caught off P.E.I. was in 2009.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jun 2011 08:39 #2 by 2wlady
Throw it back and keep it in the gene pool.

04 Jun 2011 11:37 #3 by otisptoadwater
Daddy told me there are no foods in nature that are blue in color... I guess he might have got that one wrong. What color does it turn after you boil it? Yellow?

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

04 Jun 2011 13:27 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Electric-blue lobster caught off P.E.I.
Do you think the meat is blue too? I wonder how much something like that would go for at an auction.

04 Jun 2011 14:57 #5 by otisptoadwater

CinnamonGirl wrote: Do you think the meat is blue too? I wonder how much something like that would go for at an auction.

I dunno about what color the meat would be... White? Judging from the size of the one in the photo I have to believe that if someone bought it at auction they would want it live and keep it in an aquarium. Then again maybe someone who knows more about blue lobsters than me (the original post is the some total of what I know of this topic) will point out that they are a highly sought after gourmet item.

Or could it be a trick? Photoshop strikes again? Hey if could happen to a congressman why not a blue lobster?

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

04 Jun 2011 19:05 #6 by Grady
I can't help but wonder what it would look like, butter poached.
:wink: :biggrin:

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds