Consumer electronics laws

05 Jun 2011 19:23 #1 by LOL
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/02/techn ... pogue.html

@Slbrink’s Law: “The cheaper the printer, the more expensive the ink cartridge.”
@MichaeLVosburg’s law: “Any gadget’s ease of use is inversely proportional to the number of engineers who worked on it.”
@Invisible_Daddy’s law: “Any cool feature you try to show your spouse won’t work, discrediting your enthusiasm for your new purchase.”
@Pogue’s Latest Law: “The more convenient a device is, the worse the audio/visual quality.”

@ JOEs Law, whatever gadget you buy will be outdated in a month.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jun 2011 20:53 #2 by otisptoadwater
@Field Troops Law: "Never assume that 110 pounds of "man packable" light weight high tech gear weighs less than 110 pounds.

@Otis's law: Just because all of the required components are present does not mean the system will function as required or designed; It should be possible to cook a steak in a toaster.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds