Pine Pollen starting!

12 Jun 2011 09:05 #1 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I saw my first pine tree spit yesterday!

I was looking out the front window and saw what looked like smoke coming across the drive, but it was the big boy on the corner.

Batten down the hatches for the next two weeks. On the good side, it gives a great excuse on house cleaning (or not) since everything will get covered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jun 2011 15:12 #2 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Pine Pollen starting!
Yep! all over today, 2 weeks of hell.

13 Jun 2011 00:41 #3 by Local_Historian
Heck, been on my car for at least a week now.

Other evening, when it was still light out and that really quick storm rolled through, we got to watch the hail hit the pine trees and the puffs of pollen it knocked out. It was actually very cool.

13 Jun 2011 06:31 #4 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Pine Pollen starting!
Yeap, I heard the wind, looked out the window and said "O crap! a fire!" Than I looked again and said, "O crap! it's pollen season. No wonder I can't breath today!", O Crap, the puppies are going to turn yellow!" They just had a bath!!!

13 Jun 2011 12:14 #5 by 40coupe
Replied by 40coupe on topic Pine Pollen starting!
I was up Tanglewood Trail, a few years back, returning from a fishing hike, as a good and heavy rainstorm rolled in...I took shelter, and watched as tree after tree across the valley began emitting 'clouds' of pollen as the rain and wind hit them.

13 Jun 2011 12:35 #6 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Since I can't take my eyeballs out and rinse them in a cool glass of water.... doesn't that sound good?????

this is the next best thing for this time of year - it's an eyedrop, but a little thicker than regular drops, so it really feels good when you use it

and then some nights, I use this - it is very lightweight and your eyeballs feel better as soon as you put it in

13 Jun 2011 13:13 #7 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Pine Pollen starting!

40coupe wrote: I was up Tanglewood Trail, a few years back, returning from a fishing hike, as a good and heavy rainstorm rolled in...I took shelter, and watched as tree after tree across the valley began emitting 'clouds' of pollen as the rain and wind hit them.

A pain but the cycle of life. Thanks for the tip Wily I will give it a try.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds