Holy smokes this beautiful!!!!!!! And he's hot too. ; )

12 Jun 2011 18:10 #1 by Sunshine Girl
I stole this from another site. You have to hear it for yourself. At my mom's funeral we had bag pippers play Amazing Grace and that broke what little composure I was able to muster.

I think I have a huge crush now on the first one that sings. Hubba, hubba is all I can say. I googled him......Sébastien Izambard. The scenery is spectacular!

[youtube:1rdlug18]
[/youtube:1rdlug18]

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jun 2011 20:46 #2 by Wily Fox aka Angela
wonderful

I lived in a neighborhood in Northern California and every Sunday morning, someone was playing their bagpipe... and they played beautifully... it so melodic and peaceful... I loved Sunday mornings...

I'll share one

one of my favorite artists in the world is Ruben Blades (pronounced bla-days) .... he is from Panama with strong Cuban influence. Get this. he has bagpipes in many of his songs... sounds like a crazy combo I know, but it really works....fusing Celtic and Afro-Cuban influence seamlessly

This is one of my favorite songs he does - Danny Boy... oh yes....
it begins as you would imagine it would. Ruben's wife, Luba begins the song and he comes in at 2:25 and it takes off... Cuban style... amazing...at $;4:30 everyone is all in

hope you enjoy~

[youtube:3e3kehz2]
[/youtube:3e3kehz2]

12 Jun 2011 20:59 #3 by Sunshine Girl
That was great Angela!!! :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

12 Jun 2011 21:28 #4 by navycpo7
Great music, we had a guy that plays the bagpipes up here in the mountains, come play at our dedication of the Battle Cross at the MRC. He played the various Armed Forces songs, plus, Amazing Grace and then as we Vets were trying to maintain, he played taps. You know the outcome.

13 Jun 2011 07:45 #5 by Nobody that matters
Bagpipes... when they're not played right, it can force tears to your eyes.

When they are played right, the beauty can bring a tear to your eye.

Navycpo, was the pipe player named Burke? He's one of the best I've ever heard, and he's local.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds