Stocks to Tumble Another 20%,... Economist, Roubini

20 May 2010 16:05 #1 by The Viking
http://www.cnbc.com/id/37259541

I would not keep my money in the market for anything at this point. It is lower than it was 10 years ago. So in 10 years you have made nothing! Or worse! Now they are talking about it dropping another 20%? There are many better things to put your money into right now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 May 2010 16:28 #2 by JMC
I'm afraid you are right

21 May 2010 08:15 #3 by FredHayek
I just dumped my exchange based mutual funds. Now I am looking at individual stocks.
I fear deflation more than inflation right now and worry we could be in a decade long slump, just like Japan had.
BTW, Japan tried to have the goverment spend their way out of this slump and it didn't work. The consumers held onto their cash.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 May 2010 08:28 #4 by The Viking

SS109 wrote: I just dumped my exchange based mutual funds. Now I am looking at individual stocks.
I fear deflation more than inflation right now and worry we could be in a decade long slump, just like Japan had.
BTW, Japan tried to have the goverment spend their way out of this slump and it didn't work. The consumers held onto their cash.

Good point. I wish our leaders would look at what other nations tried that failed miserably and change couse. Instead we are doing exactly what Japan tried and also we are trying a lot more of what Greece did and look what happened to both of them. We are headed down that same path. Why don't our leaders learn from other nations mistakes? This is where I think ego and trying to be overly compassionate to everyone in a situation where it won't work, overtake common sense and logic.

21 May 2010 08:31 #5 by The Viking
Greece kept adding more and more social programs trying to support and take care of everyone rather than teaching them how to take care of themselves, and now if the world doesn't bail them out, that whole nation could collapse. And now we are trying the same thing.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds