Let me be the first (I think)

18 Jun 2010 18:50 #1 by RenegadeCJ
I think I figured it out. There is one person who makes a website a place to go. No, I don't mean all those who love to banter, or argue, or who are funny, crude, or totally irrelevant.

It is Wayne, and his proactive thinking, and guidance.

Wayne drives me nuts sometimes with his left of center thinking. It amazes me, that someone with his forethought, pursuit of excellence, and general love for success is a democrat. But I have to admit....I love the guy (and have never met him).

I missed something on another site. Now I figured out what it was. 285 bound is moving in the direction it should. I'm looking forward to the future around here.

Just wanted to say thanks Wayne!!!!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jun 2010 18:53 #2 by Wayne Harrison
Wow, that really came out of the blue.

Thanks so much, CJ. Your comment really made my day!

Yes, I hate just sitting around seeing a website stay the same for any length of time. It was particularly hard watching one I started basically not improve for years. It drove me nuts that it turned out like that.

Again, thanks for your kind comments.

(just look for the envelope where we agreed)

18 Jun 2010 19:21 #3 by jf1acai
Wayne and I have had a lot of 'fun' over the years....

I am looking forward toward a more congenial and productive relationship, and I think it will happen! :)

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

18 Jun 2010 21:56 #4 by Sunshine Girl

RenegadeCJ wrote: I think I figured it out. There is one person who makes a website a place to go. No, I don't mean all those who love to banter, or argue, or who are funny, crude, or totally irrelevant.

Wayne drives me nuts sometimes with his left of center thinking. It amazes me, that someone with his forethought, pursuit of excellence, and general love for success is a democrat. But I have to admit....I love the guy (and have never met him).

I missed something on another site. Now I figured out what it was. 285 bound is moving in the direction it should. I'm looking forward to the future around here.

:yeahthat:

I have to add that the owners of this site also deserve a big round of applause for their forward thinking and groundbreaking ideas. Add to the mix Wayne, who is truly a visionary and pioneer, and you have an unstoppable force. Kudos to all involved in the site and to the outstanding membership who support this endeavor.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

19 Jun 2010 07:35 #5 by Rockdoc

RenegadeCJ wrote: I think I figured it out. There is one person who makes a website a place to go. No, I don't mean all those who love to banter, or argue, or who are funny, crude, or totally irrelevant.

What Wayne has done is awesome because he recognized a community need, but I do not agree with you that one person make a website a place to go. It's the cooperation of everyone, the spirit, the social environment, etc. that invites others that make it so desirable. If there were no members or the members that were here were all idiots, this site still would not work. I think it works well because most adults rail against limitations. Regardless of what I said. All involved in the creation of this site deserve ample recognition, not only for their vision, but hard work. Now it is up to us to insure the fruits of their labor will not be wasted. Its up to us to contribute in our own way, be it with suggestions for improvements, our interactions on the threads, sharing information, and caring for and looking after one another that will give real value to this site.

22 Jun 2010 11:10 #6 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Let me be the first (I think)
RenegadeCJ: :thumbsup:

22 Jun 2010 15:11 #7 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Let me be the first (I think)

Agreed. :biggrin:

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds