This is an amazing geography site!

29 Jun 2011 22:40 #1 by The Viking
All high school students should take these and they should be required to pass them with a certain percentage to pass geography.

It has all the Continents to choose from and divides up some of the countries too. And you can choose different levels to play from just learning the states, or Continents or geography of the land to having to place them where they belong, to finding rivers and other bodies of water. It gives a lot of information on each region also.

Enjoy!

http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/Geography.htm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jun 2011 22:48 #2 by The Viking
If you click on the tutorial ones rather than the games it points them out to you and tell you about each one. Very educational.

30 Jun 2011 08:39 #3 by The Viking
Just curious if anyone tried Europe or the Middle East and how they did?

30 Jun 2011 08:55 #4 by The Viking
It is sad how we have been in wars in the Middle east for almost a decade and most people have no idea where Iraq, Iran or Afghanistan een are. And most people have no idea where Isreal is.

30 Jun 2011 09:34 #5 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I am trying to find the tutorial button instead of games. I love geography! not that I am much good at it, but I find it very interesting.
There is a show on the History Channel now called "How the states got their shapes" . http://www.history.com/shows/how-the-st ... eir-shapes It is REALLY good and the host reminds me a bit of Mike Rowe, so he's personable and fun while we learn.

thanks for the link!

and oh yeah, U been workin' out?

30 Jun 2011 13:11 #6 by ComputerBreath
I got 34 of 46 in All Europe Countries...it was the former Yugoslav countries and the former USSR countries that tripped me up.

30 Jun 2011 13:31 #7 by Wily Fox aka Angela
most excellent....

30 Jun 2011 15:45 #8 by 2wlady
Just because:

How can you be "most excellent?" What are the degrees of excellence? Can you be more excellent than another excellent person?

30 Jun 2011 16:05 #9 by The Viking

ComputerBreath wrote: I got 34 of 46 in All Europe Countries...it was the former Yugoslav countries and the former USSR countries that tripped me up.

That's impressive. Did you try Africa or the Middle East?

30 Jun 2011 16:07 #10 by The Viking

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: I am trying to find the tutorial button instead of games. I love geography! not that I am much good at it, but I find it very interesting.
There is a show on the History Channel now called "How the states got their shapes" . http://www.history.com/shows/how-the-st ... eir-shapes It is REALLY good and the host reminds me a bit of Mike Rowe, so he's personable and fun while we learn.

thanks for the link!

and oh yeah, U been workin' out?

It the different columns, some say tutorial on different levels and some say game.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds