Suffering Blue Whales Plead w/Environmentalists

19 Jun 2010 23:21 #1 by ScienceChic
http://www.theonion.com/articles/suffer ... sts,17619/

"We really appreciate all you've done for us, but now you need to let us die," intoned a 170-ton blue whale through a series of deep and mournful vocalizations. "I swallowed two plastic coolers, a tire, and about a hundred gallons of oil this morning. Is that any way to live?"

"I know it's hard to say goodbye, but you'll understand it someday yourselves," the magnificent whale said as its 102-foot-long body breached the water. "In fact, you'll be begging for the same thing in about 25 years."

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jun 2010 19:49 #2 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Suffering Blue Whales Plead w/Environmentalists
Have you seen Whale Wars? Somehow those clowns managed to make me root for the Japanese whalers...Good intentioned people donate money to these people and they go out and buy a old slow ship and the Bat Boat- Then they drive around the whale ships throwing water baloons and stink bombs at them? They acomplish nothing!

The japs should open fire on them

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds