People Spotted Feeding Cheeseburgers To Bears

02 Jul 2011 21:50 #11 by Sunshine Girl
The saddest part is that they put the animals that they love in danger. :(

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jul 2011 09:46 #12 by Wily Fox aka Angela
yeah, feeding wildlife like you feed the pigeons or ducks at the park will only end in bad results for the wildlife. I hope that they snag the mom and cubs and relocate them. Bringing such young cubs out in the day where all those humans are is a bad bad bad idea

03 Jul 2011 09:58 #13 by Martin Ent Inc

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: yeah, feeding wildlife like you feed the pigeons or ducks at the park will only end in bad results for the wildlife. I hope that they snag the mom and cubs and relocate them. Bringing such young cubs out in the day where all those humans are is a bad bad bad idea

Snag the PEOPLE and relocate them.

Bears will return only to be put down CO is a 2 strike state.

03 Jul 2011 10:24 #14 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I like that idea, but the humans will only come back as well. The bears have not attacked, so they should be OK for now

03 Jul 2011 10:26 #15 by Wily Fox aka Angela
We were sitting in the living room, watching the Tour de France (recorded) last night around 8 or so and a yearling bear came ambling by on our back hillside. He turned over a rock and started licking - must be ants. It has to be really hard for a bear to find food - enough to sustain it (I heard something like 16,000 calories/day) how many calories can be in an ant?

03 Jul 2011 10:31 #16 by Sunshine Girl
How cute! Did you get any pics or was it too dark?

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

03 Jul 2011 11:38 #17 by Local_Historian
to totally derail the topic, I went looking for the number of calories in ants just because - and I found this: http://www.manataka.org/page160.html - on eating bugs and recipes. A chocolate covered ant has 248 calories, but I bet most 9of that is from the chocolate.

And now you know.

03 Jul 2011 12:56 #18 by Wily Fox aka Angela
gee, local_historian, that sounds like something I would do... look that stuff up - are we both nuts? or are we both BRILLIANT? :wink:

and no pics, SG, it was one of those moments that I consciously decided to just enjoy and not run for the camera. Against my nature to do that, but I gave it a shot.

03 Jul 2011 13:55 #19 by Local_Historian
WE're brilliant - totally brilliant. And curious.

03 Jul 2011 14:07 #20 by Martin Ent Inc
[youtube:1710o52m]
[/youtube:1710o52m]

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds