Fireworks at Lone Tree Park cause fire

05 Jul 2011 07:10 #1 by PhoneGeek
We ventured down the mountain to take our teens to see some fireworks but ended up watching them catch their park on fire and were not able to show their finale due to bushes/grass fires. Funny how this was kept out of the news being so close to Park Meadows. :fireworks4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jul 2011 07:25 #2 by V_A

05 Jul 2011 09:58 #3 by ShilohLady
That article was short on details but it DOES indicate why even professional displays are/should be cancelled in times of high fire danger.

06 Jul 2011 10:40 #4 by RCCL
Sheesh!

Short on details is correct!

I spent the duration of the Lone Tree show sitting on a friend's balcony across the way, watching the park where the fire started.

First, it was not "only for a few minutes", the show had been going on for nearly half an hour when they stopped the show, and second, there was a water-truck on-site and I believe hired by the event organizers that put out the fire. The fire truck came from the neaby station to assist, but sat on the road above and watched as the water-truck drove over the fire in waves to put it out.

They had obviously recently watered the area where the fireworks were being fired from, because this was a very tiny grass-fire that spread extremely slowly, and also went along pre-defined trenches they had created for this end-result, and a truck with a water tank on top could put out the fire by just going over it while spraying.

All in all, I think Lone Tree acted very responsibly at this display!

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds