Conifer Shawl Pic for July class

08 Jul 2011 17:51 #1 by RivendaleFarms
So, the good news is I finished the shawl, blocked it, and it's on display at the Knook so you can see it before signing up for the class (starts Saturday, July 16).

The bad news, got so excited it was done I peeled out of the Knook without taking a single picture to post here.

So, while this isn't "my" shawl, it's the picture from the pattern and will hopefully be soon replaced with my own. (And really, mine looks the same except it's a very pretty kiwi kinda green wool bamboo yarn). So, to tide you over;

It really was a blast to knit and not difficult, and I have lots of tips ready for the class to make it all go easier - you'll learn basic lace, use of lifelines, chart reading, cables, and - if you're really nice and they become necessary - maybe a couple of the swear words that were used only now and again.

Hope to see you in the class - you can sign up at the Knook and pick your yarn in one easy-peasy trip. After all, how can you not go with a shawl where the pattern name is Conifer Shawl? Pretty sure it's kismet.

Sally

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jul 2011 17:52 #2 by JMC
Beautiful! I'd look great in that. If I put my hair up , of course.

08 Jul 2011 18:24 #3 by RivendaleFarms
And, just for you, I'd make it in black so it matches your socks.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

08 Jul 2011 18:29 #4 by ScienceChic
rofllol :like: I'd pay good money to see jmc in that! :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 Jul 2011 18:31 #5 by RivendaleFarms
Hmmmm, do I hear a fundraiser coming up? Winner gets the photo of jmc in the shawl - framed and suitable for future blackmail purposes.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds