Road Closure US 285 Northbound / Southbound east of AP.

09 Jul 2011 10:32 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Per CDOT

285 US 285 Northbound / Southbound east of Aspen Park (Milemarker 239-239)

Closed to traffic because of accident. Road closure began July 9th, 2011 at 10:02am.

Our own miss Science chic is on her way to Inglenook and is stuck in the mess. She said they are letting some through on the shoulder. We will keep you updated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jul 2011 10:37 #2 by LOL
Thanks for the heads up. I have to go down the hill sometime today. Sounds like now is a bad time.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

09 Jul 2011 10:41 #3 by CinnamonGirl
One lane seems to be open on Northbound. Southbound seems okay at this time. All eye witness from SC.

CDOT sign from Turkey Creek.

09 Jul 2011 10:43 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Per CDOT.

US 285 closed in both directions 4 miles east of Conifer due to an Semi Accident/Hazmat spill. 10:16 AM

09 Jul 2011 10:58 #5 by CinnamonGirl
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_18446780

U.S. 285 closed near Conifer after semi-trailer truck crash

09 Jul 2011 11:04 #6 by Hoot Owl
I dont think it is closed going to town, at least it wasnt around 10:35 the channel 4 and 9 news trucks were setting up to film. So it will be a circus.
Joe you might want to try using deer creek or going parmalee gulch to kittredge/morrison. I can see windy point and things are moving both directions

09 Jul 2011 11:11 #7 by ScienceChic
When I went through southbound, one lane was getting through northbound (at 10:25am), but there was a section of guardrail the length of a semi that was flattened to the ground where it went over the embankment. I'm guessing that they'll have to shut it down to haul it back up.

Sorry I didn't get a pic - the damage was impressive. I hope the driver wasn't injured - I always think of how scary it would be to go over into the gulch when I drive through there.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Jul 2011 11:16 #8 by jf1acai
So far they have said the accident was everywhere from Meyer Ranch to nearly C470. Maybe they will get it right eventually.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=12386 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=48&t=12386<!-- l -->

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

09 Jul 2011 11:26 #9 by CinnamonGirl
Per CDOT--

Update: US 285 remains closed 4 miles east of Conifer due to accident. Detour: N. Turkey Creek Rd.

09 Jul 2011 12:06 #10 by jf1acai

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds