tossing lit butts out the car window

12 Jul 2011 07:05 #11 by Grady

RenegadeCJ wrote: Would a cell phone video pic of the guilty party tossing the butt out the window suffice for evidence?

I would think so, especially if you got the plate and a decent image of the driver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jul 2011 09:04 #12 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I would think that would be a great piece of evidence and I did get up beside the guy and write down a brief description. The side of the truck said he was a lawn care dude...

12 Jul 2011 11:07 #13 by Grady
I think it was during the Hayman fire, I was sitting stuck in traffic by the old Safeway. The person in front of me was flicking cigarette ashes out the window; I knew the butt was soon to follow. I happened to have my video camera with me and started the tape rolling. Sure enough out came the butt, not a big flick but one of those surreptitious drop down the side of the car flicks. I rolled down my window, honked my horn, stuck the camera out the window, and told (yelled) the person “Don’t you see all the damn smoke, if you don’t pick up that butt I’m calling the sheriff. I have you on video”. The car door opened and a hand reached out and picked up the butt.

12 Jul 2011 11:14 #14 by Wily Fox aka Angela
amazing how so many people do not see outside their bubble... good for you!

12 Jul 2011 12:23 #15 by The Viking

RenegadeCJ wrote: Would a cell phone video pic of the guilty party tossing the butt out the window suffice for evidence?

I am sure it would but I didn't have a camera running when they threw it out.

12 Jul 2011 13:21 #16 by RenegadeCJ

The Viking wrote:

I am sure it would but I didn't have a camera running when they threw it out.

I figured you didn't, but when the fire danger was high, I was taking it upon myself to start filming people who are hanging their cigs out the window. They almost always drop the butt shortly thereafter. I've gotten some nice video. Just didn't know if the cops would use it to issue a ticket or not.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds