Traveler flies high with 10 million miles

12 Jul 2011 08:05 #1 by ScienceChic
Can you imagine spending that much time flying? Check out what he says about the service he gets! :like:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/07/11/un ... ion.miles/
Traveler flies high with 10 million miles
By A. Pawlowski, CNN
July 11, 2011

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Tom Stuker is the first person to reach 10 million miles in United's Mileage Plus program
He has flown on almost 6,000 United flights since 1982 for business and pleasure
"If I go a week or two without flying, I get really jumpy," Stuker says

Stuker, a Chicago-based consultant for the automotive industry, has flown on almost 6,000 United flights since 1982. He travels extensively for business and pleasure, noting that he's taken about 60 honeymoons with "the woman of my dreams" in the last 15 years.

On Saturday, the airline feted Stuker at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport, naming a Boeing 747-400 in his honor for the occasion and presenting him with a first-ever Titanium United Mileage Plus card.

CNN: A lot of people complain about the lack of civility on planes. Have you seen less civility over the years, even in first class?
Stuker: Yes, people are rude.

Flying, because of the close quarters, will magnify people's rudeness. But I think people in general have less manners over the years. I think people are more selfish today, and it's just amplified in close quarters.

CNN: What sort of perks do you get as a super elite frequent flier?
Stuker: Check out the story for all the special things he gets/has done!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jul 2011 10:19 #2 by Grady
I’ve seen “his plane” parked at a gate at SFO, my first thought was “damn, how many miles does it take to get a plane named after you”

At one point in my past I was a premium flyer on two different airlines. The upgrades are nice, as are the miles to use for pleasure travel. But I am very happy not to have to travel quite so much. I love my commute.

12 Jul 2011 10:49 #3 by AV8OR
and I thought achieving "medallion" status in college was nice...

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds