So there I was. . . The Tale of the B's [new pics page 3]

15 Jul 2011 21:07 #11 by The Viking

FernForestFarm wrote: Came out of the house yesterday morning to take The Tank to the dog run...all I could hear was the deep sleep breathing of a momma bear/cubs. Don't know where they are 'stationed' but somewhere close to the back door...

That would be so great to see them in their den. I see them up here a lot but have never found a den. What part of the area do you live in?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jul 2011 21:52 #12 by Sunshine Girl
Great pictures Angela! I love your huge tree and I can see why they do too. I bet you'll never again look at that tree without thinking of its precious visitors. I wonder how many times bears used it and you never knew. lol Anyways, I am so jealous. I've only seen a bear here once and I would love to see more. I had this cutie pie visit us yesterday and I named him Sir Eats A Lot:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

16 Jul 2011 02:12 #13 by Rockdoc
Psst... Angie, bear with me (pun intended), that is not a Ponderosa pine but a Douglas fur.

16 Jul 2011 06:24 #14 by RivendaleFarms
SG, great shot! Looks like he's signalling for a left turn.

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

16 Jul 2011 06:27 #15 by Sunshine Girl

RivendaleFarms wrote: SG, great shot! Looks like he's signalling for a left turn.

rofllol :lol: :like:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

16 Jul 2011 07:57 #16 by LOL
Great pics and stories, thanks for sharing all! :) I hope to see a bear someday too.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

16 Jul 2011 09:37 #17 by Hoot Owl
Great story and photo's, but what did you do with the bat? Finding a bat on the coffee table would have freaked me out, but seeing the bears would have done me in.

16 Jul 2011 10:08 - 16 Jul 2011 10:11 #18 by Wily Fox aka Angela

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Psst... Angie, bear with me (pun intended), that is not a Ponderosa pine but a Douglas fur.

HA! I have NOT learned all the conifers and get them confused for some reason (my inability to learn most likely!). I heard about a new phone ap that would be perfect for someone like me

http://leafsnap.com/

thanks! :wave:

16 Jul 2011 10:10 #19 by Wily Fox aka Angela

Hoot Owl wrote: Great story and photo's, but what did you do with the bat? Finding a bat on the coffee table would have freaked me out, but seeing the bears would have done me in.

After I spoke with DOW, I told her that I was going to bury it, but not under the DOUGLAS FIR where I first intended. Instead, I came out the other side of the house and buried it under a bush.

Now, I am interested in building and putting up bat houses. That will be added to my summer list of projects now.

16 Jul 2011 10:50 #20 by RivendaleFarms
We had a bat house at the old place on Jennings - it was great! Love those li'l bug eaters when they're outside.

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds