What kind of plant is this

18 Jul 2011 06:27 #1 by RenegadeCJ
We've got these growing in with our raspberries...they look similar, but what are they? Poisonous?

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jul 2011 08:17 #2 by Martin Ent Inc
Taste one and see.

looks like a wild strawberry, maybe. I got tons of those.

18 Jul 2011 10:46 #3 by ScienceChic
Wrong leaf for strawberry. It looks like a purple raspberry or a not-fully-ripened black raspberry. If there are any black raspberry plants in the vicinity (doesn't have to be in sight) of a red raspberry plant, hybrids can occur.

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/hil/hil-8204.html

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 Jul 2011 10:58 #4 by chickaree

18 Jul 2011 11:45 #5 by Martin Ent Inc
Don't eat it,,, it's a Liberal Raspberry...

18 Jul 2011 12:30 #6 by RenegadeCJ

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Don't eat it,,, it's a Liberal Raspberry...

Hmmm...that would explain the hairly stems :lol:

I think that is it. That pic looks like what we have. Good to know they are safe...just didn't want the young kids picking them accidentally during a raspberry picking expedition and have any issues.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

18 Jul 2011 14:17 #7 by Martin Ent Inc
Yeah like them shrooms.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds