a fishermans story

20 Jul 2011 08:15 #1 by Blazer Bob
> A 65 year old executive decides to finally take a vacation from the hectic business world in manhattan. Heads down to a tropical beach in anywhere, the caribbean. He admires a young fisherman doing his work for a few days and decides to strike up a conversation. "hey" he says to the fisherman, " what do you do besides fish?".
> The fisherman responds " on days where I catch more than I need to feed my family, I sell some at the market, and maybe stop for a beer and laughy time with my friends"
>
> The exec says ya know, Ive watched you fish about 2 hours every day, I mean , what else do you do for work.
>
> Fisherman says "thats it. I am a fisherman"
>
> Exec thinks for a few and says, man, if you only fished 8 or 10 hours a day, you could really do well for yourself.
>
> Fsherman says " why would I want to do that"
>
> Exec says " so maybe you could then buy a boat and really catch some fish"
>
> Fisherman "why would I need to do that"
>
> Exec "so you can sell those fish, make more money, buy another boat and hire someone to fish in it"
>
> Fisherman "why would I want to do that?"
>
> Exec "so you can have your own stand at the market and reallllly make some money"
>
> Fisherman " why would I want to do that?"
>
> Exec "so you could buy a whole fleet of boats to fish, have your own market stand AND start crating and shipping your fish to resturants etc"
>
> Fisherman "why would I want to do that?"
>
> Exec "so you can get an office in a high rise in manhattan, a house in jersey, 1 vacation a year where you can head to the beach, do a little fishing, have a beer at sunset"
>
> Fisherman "seems like alot of work to get what I already have!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds