How do you navigate 285bound?

20 Jul 2011 21:36 #11 by RivendaleFarms

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: :yeahthat: me too... same as Sal...(I copy her a lot)

Hah! If you really meant that we'd have you knitting by now! rofllol

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jul 2011 10:44 #12 by ComputerBreath
Sign in and go to the boards. I always look at New Posts. Sometimes, I can't get through everything before the site times me out in which case I look at Unread Posts.

If I'm looking for something specific, I will go to whichever area I think it may have been posted in. Haven't had much luck doing a search...probably 'cuz I don't put the right word or phrase there.

This site is so easy to navigate.

21 Jul 2011 10:57 #13 by Nobody that matters
Main page is bookmarked. Then I click on the banner that takes me to the main forum page, and then 'new posts'.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

21 Jul 2011 17:53 #14 by ScienceChic
Home page at least once a day to make sure everything's okay, :) then Forum Index page, and active topics.

If I need to go to an advertiser's forum, I click on their name in the list above the index page/top of each forum.

If I wish to visit the pet forum or see what's on the calendar, I click on the drop-down menu at the top. Does anyone else use the drop-down menus at all?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

21 Jul 2011 18:31 #15 by jf1acai
I mostly use the forums and local dropdowns, but there is a lot of good stuff available there that many have probably never seen.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

21 Jul 2011 19:32 #16 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic How do you navigate 285bound?

RivendaleFarms wrote: I start with the home page, next go to Active Topics, then a final pass through the Campfire.

That's a good idea to pass thru the campfire. Good topics there that get buried with all the noise in the politic forum BS. I will do that more. THX

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

22 Jul 2011 07:55 #17 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic How do you navigate 285bound?

Science Chic wrote: Home page at least once a day to make sure everything's okay, :) then Forum Index page, and active topics.

If I need to go to an advertiser's forum, I click on their name in the list above the index page/top of each forum.

If I wish to visit the pet forum or see what's on the calendar, I click on the drop-down menu at the top. Does anyone else use the drop-down menus at all?

Here is an idea for you SC. Since alot of people probably use the forum index page, why not add a little more content and advertising to the top of that page. It could change or rotate to make it more interesting. I know, more work for you! :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

22 Jul 2011 10:37 #18 by Mountaingirl
naked, with a martini and a cowboy hat

22 Jul 2011 13:06 #19 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic How do you navigate 285bound?
I have bookmarks that go to the index page and I use active topics because that will pull up all the latest posts for the whole forum.

I also use the navigation bar at the top of the forum for:

The calendar-
http://285bound.com/calendar2.php

The EZ links page ( I go there for all the news links)
http://285bound.com/ez_links.php

Rockies Calendar
http://285bound.com/calendarrockies.php

The blog
http://285bound.com/breakingnews/

I and the Area phone numbers.
http://www.285bound.com/Forums/viewtopi ... 59:#p17759

They are all up there at the top. I use the CDOT on the top navigation bar alot too.

When I need to get the weather I just use one click straight to Smokyhilbound.com Homepage. And I occasionally look at the weather up there as well on the Homepage.

22 Jul 2011 15:49 #20 by ScienceChic

Joe wrote: Here is an idea for you SC. Since alot of people probably use the forum index page, why not add a little more content and advertising to the top of that page. It could make it more interesting. I know, more work for you! :)

Great minds think alike (I never mind the work; this is fun for me!)! If you look on SmokyHillBound.com, there are pictures/spaces on the left side of the forum index in which ads/graphics for businesses could easily go! Our 285Bound page is pretty much locked in the way you see it now, changes would be very expensive to make - yet another reason why we'll be switching over at some point; the new software will allow for more dynamic, fun, owner-controlled instantaneous changes!

Mountaingirl wrote: naked, with a martini and a cowboy hat

:like: :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds