Useless Love Information.

22 Jun 2010 11:52 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Useless Love Information. was created by CinnamonGirl
Most recent research indicates just about 9,000 romantic couples each year take out marriage licenses, then fail to use them.

It's commonly believed a man picks out a wife who reminds him of his mother while a woman picks out a husband who reminds her of her father. But that's not right. Recent research indicates both the man and the woman are most influenced in their selection of matrimonial mates by their mothers. If a woman regards her mother as stern, she's likely to go for a stern husband. If she thinks of her mother as gentle, she looks for a gentle husband. The father of the bride or groom just doesn't have all that much to do with it, poor fellow.

Caesar was 54, Cleopatra 21 when they were romancing...

Marital quarrels hit their peak in July. If you've kept notes on your spouse's temper-or yours-they'll confirm it. July is also tops for riots, criminal violence and hasty legislation. Oppressive heat and consequent loss of temper control are the causes.

Harvard University studies show that, when domestic differences arise, it's usually the spouse who does the most talking who gets his (or her) way.

Not sure how true this all is but interesting topics.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jun 2010 11:57 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Useless Love Information.
So you are saying the money I am spending on A/C might save me a July divorce?

Interesting, I would say I am more like my wife's mom than her father so I would have to agree.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Jun 2010 12:08 #3 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Useless Love Information.
There is NO useless love info, There is ONLY one RULE "If Mamma isn't Happy, NOBODYS Happy."
Guess I should change that to: "If the dominant person isn't happy, NOBODYs happy."

22 Jun 2010 12:11 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Useless Love Information.
LOL TPP. There you go. You are now PC. (Politically Correct)

22 Jun 2010 12:26 #5 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Useless Love Information.

Guess I should change that to: "If the dominant person isn't happy, NOBODYs happy."

Other than being PC, what's the difference? :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

22 Jun 2010 12:51 - 25 Jun 2010 23:32 #6 by Sunshine Girl
That is some interesting info CG. Looks like we'll have to be on our best behavior in about a month. lol I wasn't really influenced by my mom or my dad I don't think. I was more influenced by my brother-in-law. I thought, "I want a guy like that!" I got lucky. :biggrin: No gushy stuff I promise. :wink:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

22 Jun 2010 13:10 #7 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Useless Love Information.
Very interesting subject CG. I did'nt even know that Ceasar and Cleopatra knew eachother?

I've always been under the impression that, even if they didn't know it themselves, that females were always lookin for daddy - but of course, I could be wrong about that.

22 Jun 2010 13:14 #8 by UNDER MODERATION

CinnamonGirl wrote:
Marital quarrels hit their peak in July. If you've kept notes on your spouse's temper-or yours-they'll confirm it. July is also tops for riots, criminal violence and hasty legislation. Oppressive heat and consequent loss of temper control are the causes.

It's febuary in my marriege- Long winter, cabin fever and all...Thats why I took her to Hawaii in Feb and March...We only had one fight and thats when I refused to evacuate during the tsunami. And really that wasn't even a fight..That was just her yelling at me.

22 Jun 2010 13:16 #9 by UNDER MODERATION

Sunshine Girl wrote: I wasn't really influence by my mom or my dad I don't think. I was more influence by my brother-in-law. I thought, "I want a guy like that!"

Was he aware that you felt that way?

22 Jun 2010 14:48 #10 by Sunshine Girl

Vice Lord wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote: I wasn't really influence by my mom or my dad I don't think. I was more influence by my brother-in-law. I thought, "I want a guy like that!"

Was he aware that you felt that way?

Yes he does. Mike has so many amazing qualities and I already knew what I DIDN'T want. He showed me what I did want. Not just him either. Mike and my sister together showed me the kind of relationship that is such a treasure. I just never dreamed that the man I finally found would not only have all the qualities I wanted, but so many more I never dared to dream about.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds