Tickets to Begin August 1st for Booster Seat Violations

01 Aug 2011 21:31 #11 by chickaree
So there should be no laws to protect children from their parents laziness or stupidity? They should be allowed to give them booze or drugs? Leave them unattended at whatever age? I hate nany rules as they are applied to adults. But children are vulnerable and unable to advocate for themselves.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Aug 2011 21:53 #12 by otisptoadwater

chickaree wrote: So there should be no laws to protect children from their parents laziness or stupidity? They should be allowed to give them booze or drugs? Leave them unattended at whatever age? I hate nany (sic) rules as they are applied to adults. But children are vulnerable and unable to advocate for themselves.

Chlorine gets into the gene pool regardless of the law; the platitude the "if it saves just one life" doesn't hold any water. It's against the law to drink and drive but we all know it is happening right now. My point is that 'Gubment doesn't need to tell me how to take care of the young kids that might ride in my car, common sense dictates that I'll take care of them and ensure they have the proper safety equipment in place and correctly installed.

While it's unfortunate that many who walk among us are too stupid to raise children in a safe and positive environment, few laws prevent them from doing so. What really chaps my hide is the obvious ploy to use this and many other methods to secure more revenue from citizens. What if I happen to be carrying a large item that kind of looks like a kid in my back seat and LE seizes the opportunity to stop me, one more frivolous reason to get pulled over and one more step to surrendering my rights and personal freedoms. What's next? Passport checks at every county boarder and requirements for a travel visa to move from one county to the next?

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

08 Aug 2011 09:05 #13 by mittra303
If we really want to protect our children, we should make it CHILD ABUSE to smoke in a car with children (I don't care if the windows are rolled down or not).

08 Aug 2011 09:11 #14 by Blazer Bob

mittra303 wrote: If we really want to protect our children, we should make it CHILD ABUSE to smoke in a car with children (I don't care if the windows are rolled down or not).

No, if we wanted to really, really protect children we should make pregnancy illegal until you take and pass a government parenting class.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds