Tickets to Begin August 1st for Booster Seat Violations

29 Jul 2011 06:05 #1 by jf1acai

Kids up until age 8 required to be in booster or car seat or face $82 fine.

Denver – August 1st marks the one-year anniversary of the expanded child passenger safety law in Colorado, which means law enforcement will starting pulling over and giving $82 citations to drivers transporting children under age 8 who are not in a car seat or booster seat. Previously, the law only required child safety seats for children under age 6.

Read More...

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jul 2011 06:27 #2 by Sunshine Girl
:like:

My 11 and 1/2 year old still uses a booster seat if we are on a road trip. Around town she doesn't though. She is still under 60 pounds and the restraints hit her in a good place now, but the booster seat is still there when we travel.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

30 Jul 2011 09:56 #3 by Wily Fox aka Angela
now that's a good mom; doing the right things ALL BY YOURSELF!

unfortunately, there are a lot of parents that either don't want to hear the complaining or allow their kids to be boss that don't use them or even buckle their kids in. In those cases, it is a good thing to hold them accountable.

30 Jul 2011 14:26 #4 by mozartsmom
What about that tall 7 3/4 year old whose head is 1 inch from the top of the car because of the booster seat????

30 Jul 2011 23:16 #5 by Sunshine Girl
Thanks Angela. The biggest risk is where the both belts hit the child. If they are too low then they can do more harm than good. That would have been the case of my littlest. It's just now falling in the right place. MM, forget age, weight, etc. Look at where the belts hit. If it's too high on their hips (more across the stomach) and too high across the neck then a booster that raises them up will fix that.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

31 Jul 2011 13:59 #6 by mozartsmom
I ran an inhome childcare for 14 years prior to moving up here. There were plenty oftall 5 year old that I did not put in a booster because of the same reason. If you get pulled over and they ask the age of the child, height, weight, stature will not make a difference if they are under 8 years old. The laws typically read weight minimum and age minimum.

31 Jul 2011 14:03 #7 by Sunshine Girl
Very true. My little one is a prime example, and has been for some time, of a child who meets the age and weight limit, but it's still wasn't as safe for her to ride without a booster as opposed to with one. It's up to parents, etc. to still choose to use one if the child requires one. Not all kids do though.

01 Aug 2011 19:24 #8 by mopar
I know tha lady that was instrumental in getting that law passed , she comes by my home once a week,, her child is my grand daughter , ,, I think some of tha ladies ideas are harsh, but neeeded fer dumb parents ..

01 Aug 2011 19:41 #9 by chickaree
My kids were some of the last in their class in the booster seats. They could see out of the car windows better too. They were glad when they hit the 60 lbs though, the other kids gave them a hard time. One friend had never worn a seat belt much less been in a booster seat. :VeryScared: he kicked up a fuss every time I made him buckle in.

01 Aug 2011 20:59 #10 by otisptoadwater
Why do we need the Gubment to pass a law when common sense would dictate any responsible person would recognize that a smaller child needs a booster seat and proper adapters so the seat belt works correctly.

It's a rhetorical question... Being stupid isn't illegal!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds