Which movies do you want to see this summer?

23 Jun 2010 14:55 #11 by TPP
Which movies do you want to see this summer?
NONE!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jun 2010 18:06 #12 by abc
Grown Ups

23 Jun 2010 20:55 #13 by The Viking

abc wrote: Grown Ups

There are two incredibly hot women in that movie. Both in my top 5 and on my list as a free pass if I have a chance to go out with them when I am in a relationship. Salma Hayak and Maria Bello (Coyote Ugly). Gotta see that one. It looks funny too.

23 Jun 2010 23:08 #14 by RivendaleFarms
Eat, Pray, Love - the book was amazing, hoping the movie lives up to it
Day and Knight (or Knight and Day) I already forgot which order, but it looks very funny
Harry Potter

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

24 Jun 2010 11:49 #15 by ScienceChic
Reviews on Knight and Day (warning: there may be some spoilers and bad language!)
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45547
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45549

Oh, and The Expendables just got rated R by the MPA - yah-hoo!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

01 Jul 2010 22:31 #16 by ScienceChic
Wow. Looks like I WON'T be going to watch The Last Airbender:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45640

I'm going to speak plainly in a language everyone can understand. M. Night Shyamalan's THE LAST AIRBENDER is a hate crime against film lovers. No one should ever have to endure what I was unexpectedly put through yesterday afternoon watching this murky 3-D sh#tstorm of a movie that appears to have been shot through unflushed toilet bowl water, which, upon reflection, seems 100 percent appropriate.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45646 - a crapbending mess

If you were to ask me at the beginning of the week which film I would watch twice if forced to at gunpoint, the notion of choosing a TWILIGHT film over an M. Night Shyamalan translation of a beloved animation series would have been the laughable one at the bottom of the list. I fully went into this week believing that even if M. Night failed, he wouldn’t have failed so miserably as to make ECLIPSE look like the better choice. But that’s exactly what he did. This is a catastrophic failure – a film that has sparked furious debate between critics as to whether this is the worst movie of the year or only the worst of the summer.
Worthless, mind numbing and a complete mess from minute one, this is a film best avoided based upon a show that you owe it to yourself as a geek to sit down and enjoy.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45651

Burdened by an never-ending onslaught of expository dialogue awkwardly delivered by actors giving career-worst performances across the board, THE LAST AIRBENDER is so outrageously bad it's a wonder it ever got before cameras. Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy, veteran producers who know better, should've shut down production the minute Shyamalan turned in his first draft and found a writer with a vision for the material. Or just a writer with a vision, period.

I'd say that M. Night Shyamalan's career is done. Stick a fork in it.

Eclipse review
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45627

Say what you will, believe what you want, but for the first time in the history of the TWILIGHT SAGA franchise, Summit Entertainment has churned out a halfway decent, even watchable, episode of the - now slated to be - a five part series. That’s not to say that it is good, and it certainly doesn’t redeem the series for the interminable awfulness of the previous two films...This film stands as the first of three to actually have a discernable plot that exceeds the bounds of Meyer simply pining for her youthful college days when boys fought over her.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45605

But again, my mind kept returning to those two ladies in line who made me understand a bit of why they loved the TWILIGHT material. I was envious of their passion and I remembered a time in my younger days where it didn't take much to get me that revved up about a film. So imagine my surprise when I finally saw TWILIGHT months later and felt like I'd just witnessed the birth on one of Satan's largest, most evil toilet babies.
That being said, the films in the TWILIGHT SAGA continue to improve for the pure and simple reason that there is less time devoted to the primary and secondary romances. If for no other reason, ECLIPSE is a better movie than the previous two because of the action.

And if you're really brave, check out Harry Knowles's review. I'm not going to post it here b/c it contains very adult language and graphic descriptions. Needless to say, he's a fan but not for the reasons you'd think...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Jul 2010 20:39 #17 by gees
Going to go see Cyrus tomorrow night at the Mayan.

03 Jul 2010 14:52 #18 by lydian82
:popcorn: : Embarrassed: The Third of the Twilight Saga: Eclipse. I have this, thing, or call it OCD, to watch movies that were based on books. I just need to see how close or how bad the movie turns out to be.

09 Jul 2010 00:57 #19 by ScienceChic
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45704
Expanded Avatar to hit theatres August 27th - in 3D!

09 Jul 2010 05:33 #20 by JRSK

SS109 wrote: Harry Potter. They finally finished filming the last movie. It will be wierd when it is all over. Just like the sadness I felt reading Hollows, I read it slow because I knew there wasn't going to be any more.
Not too excited about many other movies this summer, but with no A/C, if it stays hot, I might see many more movies this summer.

I'm with you.. I read the hollows slow; I didn't want it to end.. I don't watch many movies but I am looking forward to seeing the final two w/ my kiddos. It will be sad when it's over.

I watched Avatar yesterday.. wasn't impressed. It was too predictable of a story line and the effects were OK at best. I would sum it up as a modern day Pocahontas in a star wars setting.. The kids enjoyed it though!

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds