WILDFLOWERS! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

04 Aug 2011 18:16 - 04 Aug 2011 18:26 #11 by Wily Fox aka Angela

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Aug 2011 18:25 #12 by Wily Fox aka Angela
and these are in pots on the porch - this has been one helluva year for flowers!

04 Aug 2011 19:23 #13 by pacamom
You and I have the same taste in flowers. :) I have yellow daylilies, along with some maroon ones. I also have the black eye Susan vines, and a few others the same. Can you take a picture from farther away so we can see the whole flower bed?

04 Aug 2011 22:41 #14 by Rockdoc
Thank you all for sharing the beauty of nature. The variety of design and color is astounding, captivating. I love it.

04 Aug 2011 22:53 #15 by ScienceChic
Those pictures look professional Wily - fantastic job capturing them! I especially like the flower with the bee on it - fabulous shot!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Aug 2011 09:37 #16 by Wily Fox aka Angela
did you see all the pollen on his head? cute, eh?

I was dying a shirt on the stove-top before I went out and my original plan was just to go up and get a shot of that one mushroom, well, 1/2 hour later I come in the house to a pot that had boiled over. Thank goodness nothing worse happened!

and Pacamom, here's the flower bed. I put bamboo edging up this year because all my bark kept falling out over the wall. I am not totally pleased with it, but it is functional. I have everything on a drip system with black plastic under the mulch to help keep the moisture in and weeds out. That's a choke cherry tree that we put in 2 years ago. That is the most interesting tree. There is always SOMETHING going on with it. Now it's time for the berries to turn dark purple and the birds come - the grosbeaks love them! Usually the deer come munch the day-lilies, but with so much for them to eat this year, they haven't bothered and I am very happy about that!

05 Aug 2011 09:46 #17 by Wily Fox aka Angela
but I do still have few visitors to the potted flowers on the porch

I got these at Mountain Flowers in May and they have been blooming all summer.

and SOMEBODY ( must be a coon?) has climbed up on the railing and pooped in one of the planters there. Ah, the love

05 Aug 2011 17:36 #18 by Wily Fox aka Angela
hey pacamom... you're right! that mushroom is huge, look what is under there!

05 Aug 2011 17:52 #19 by kdw
a FOOT TALL SHRUM, wow. Love your wildflowers and shrums Ang, See any red ones??

05 Aug 2011 18:58 #20 by Wily Fox aka Angela
yes! go back to page one where I started posting the mushrooms. What does a red one mean? and that foot tall one belongs to Karen, Pacamom

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds