WILDFLOWERS! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

04 Aug 2011 09:14 #1 by Wily Fox aka Angela
With all this rain, we have some stuff coming up that I have never seen before. I plan to get out there today and get some more shots and post here. Thought I would get this started in case others already have pictures. and MUSHROOMS - there are everywhere....

Sweet Peas

Hard to remember our almost dried up pond. The spring runs after every rain. I don't know what these yellow flowers are but they are growing in the water's edge

and our Tiger Salamanders are back! We didn't see any "water dogs" last year, but they are back!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Aug 2011 09:38 #2 by Sunshine Girl

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: With all this rain, we have some stuff coming up that I have never seen before. I plan to get out there today and get some more shots and post here. Thought I would get this started in case others already have pictures. and MUSHROOMS - there are everywhere....

Sweet Peas

Hard to remember our almost dried up pond. The spring runs after every rain. I don't know what these yellow flowers are but they are growing in the water's edge

and our Tiger Salamanders are back! We didn't see any "water dogs" last year, but they are back!

BEAUTIFUL ANGELA!

Here is one I took a couple of weeks ago of all the beautiful wildflowers in front of the house. I wish I had got some close-ups of the flowers. I love this time of year!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

04 Aug 2011 13:53 #3 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I like that you let the yard do it's wildflower thing. We do, too. now get out there and take some more shots. in between the floods, that is

04 Aug 2011 14:55 #4 by pacamom
Wily, Your yellow flowers I believe are cinquefoil. I have some photos I need to unload from the camera. Be back soon.

Ok, here they are

This mushroom is about a foot tall

This is a wild nodding onion. This is the first year I have seen this on my property, and there are only two of them. Both right next to each other. This is about 10 inches tall and the flowers are each about a quarter inch wide.

Another type of fungi?

This is yarrow. It grows everywhere. I decided to let this one grow next to the patio and it really filled in nicely. Usually the are only one or two flower heads per plant.

This is a wildflower that I got from a friend. Yes, it's in my garden, and is about 3 ft tall, but the big red heads are just so pretty.

04 Aug 2011 15:24 #5 by BearMtnHIB

Another type of fungi?

Those are coral mushrooms- they are edible.

I make cream of mushroom soup with them, very tasty!

04 Aug 2011 15:27 #6 by ScienceChic

pacamom wrote: This mushroom is about a foot tall

That is one big-@$$ mushroom!!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Aug 2011 15:29 #7 by ScienceChic

BearMtnHIB wrote:

Another type of fungi?

Those are coral mushrooms- they are edible.

I make cream of mushroom soup with them, very tasty!

Yum! Any chance you can make some and bring it to the 285Bound picnic??! Pretty please! :Thank You:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Aug 2011 15:36 #8 by pacamom
I threw them away. Found them while I was cutting the grass last week. I just went and looked for more in the grass I didn't cut. No more. Sorry.

04 Aug 2011 18:05 #9 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I went out specifically to get a shot of a mushroom seen yesterday and next thing I know, I am just walking around the property and look at all these guys!

04 Aug 2011 18:12 - 04 Aug 2011 18:19 #10 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Okay and now some flowers I spotted while on my schrum hunt...

this looks like the same thing Pacamom has!

and this just popped up out in the "natural" part of the "yard". I just it's been dormant for years!

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds