285 Grill

06 Aug 2011 16:07 #1 by mountaindollar
285 Grill was created by mountaindollar
I was at the Loaf n Jug and someone said the 285 Grill at Green Valley closed.

Been out of town can anyone confirm this? We were going to maybe eat there tonight but if they are closed guess we will head to Brooks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Aug 2011 16:15 #2 by Nic at Night
Replied by Nic at Night on topic 285 Grill
Pretty sure they are history, sad .

06 Aug 2011 17:03 #3 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic 285 Grill
Parking lot was totally empty a little bit ago. They are never closed on a Saturday afternoon. I think they need to level that buildign so people stop trying and losing their life savings. I know how much they all put into that and yet it still failed. 6th time in 9 years a business failed there I believe.

08 Aug 2011 10:06 #4 by Martin Ent Inc
Replied by Martin Ent Inc on topic 285 Grill
Ancient indian Burial ground... it's haunted.

08 Aug 2011 10:44 #5 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic 285 Grill

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 Aug 2011 11:53 #6 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic 285 Grill

Science Chic wrote:

Hmmmm..... Can't imagine why they went out of business with that kind of message.

09 Aug 2011 14:10 #7 by EddieWess
Replied by EddieWess on topic 285 Grill

The Viking wrote: I think they need to level that buildign so people stop trying and losing their life savings.

Miracle of miracles, I agree with Viking on this one.

09 Aug 2011 20:28 #8 by AlpineMike
Replied by AlpineMike on topic 285 Grill

EddieWess wrote:

The Viking wrote: I think they need to level that buildign so people stop trying and losing their life savings.

Yep, I agree. I had several discussions about this specific building. It should be an office or something that does not require walk-in's. I am unhappy about the closure, the place looks great on the inside. One more business here that had to shut the doors...sigh.

10 Aug 2011 06:25 #9 by rldbailey
Replied by rldbailey on topic 285 Grill

AlpineMike wrote:

EddieWess wrote:

Yep, I agree. I had several discussions about this specific building. It should be an office or something that does not require walk-in's. I am unhappy about the closure, the place looks great on the inside. One more business here that had to shut the doors...sigh.

Although I'm sorry to see another restaurant close, they weren't forced to sink their life savings into rennovating and remodeling the restaurant. I was told by the owner they were trying to get rid of the "bad reputation" the place had as the 285 Roadhouse and wanted it to look different. Instead, they should have focused more on good service, quality food with reasonable prices. That in itself would have separated them from the 285 Roadhouse reputation. I don't care how good a place looks on the inside, if the service is bad and the food is average, I sure don't want to pay a high price for it. Also, you don't tell people that your restaurant/bar is family friendly when you're staff is catering to the bar crowd and restaurant customers are left sitting for over an hour waiting for a meal!

The Green Valley Grill survived for several years at the same location before selling, so I believe a restaurant can survive there. It would help if they had good managegment and a properly trained staff to ensure better customer service.

13 Aug 2011 12:42 #10 by V_A
Replied by V_A on topic 285 Grill
I heard a rumor the other day that the vball tournament from 285 grill was being moved to the Burland court. Does anyone have information? I'm ready to get my game on.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds