Stereo Tech?

08 Aug 2011 08:38 #1 by CC
Stereo Tech? was created by CC
Is there anyone out there who is pretty knowledgeable about pretty sophisticated stereo equipment?
We are trying to wire 2 speakers out on the deck. We were going to do 2 in the front and 2 in the back so we bought a switch box. Got the 2 in the back up and wired through the switch box but the receiver is not recognizing the 2 back surrounds so we can't adjust any EQ on them. Sounds a bit like an am radio out there. Unacceptable. Is the switch box the issue?Given the 2 outside speakers placement, they can probably handle the front also so I was wondering if I could wire them directly into the receiver and solve my problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Aug 2011 08:50 #2 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Stereo Tech?
Here is a link to my owners manual. I am always amazed that they think you somehow know a lot before you read the manual.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/299744/Pionee ... ers-manual

It does not mention a switch box that I can find.

08 Aug 2011 10:11 #3 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Stereo Tech?
Becky, I didn't look at the manual, but normally you will have A and B speaker outputs for stereo, or similar outputs for surround sound systems. If the speaker run exceeds the impedance your receiver/amp can overcome, you get little or no sound.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

08 Aug 2011 10:27 #4 by CC
I tried another set of speakers and they sound pretty good. The problem is that my receiver is not recognizing the back surrounds so I cannot adjust any EQ on them. I was using some Bose acoustimass speakers without the sub. No base at all. I tried a couple of monster Technics and they are performing nicely but they are huge. LOL. Would like some smaller, outdoor rated speakers.....any ideas?
I have Definitive Techs in the house and they are outstanding. The biggest issue is user stupidity.

08 Aug 2011 10:35 #5 by CC
Where are those big cerwin vegas and that Marantz receiver? LOL

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds